Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:51 pm

I need AviSynth For Dummies.

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Jadecavy wrote:Lol, I wish I had friends.
x2. over a year deep in uni and i still eat alone and don't hangout with anyone.
pan_dbgt01 wrote:TRYING TO LEARN AVISYNTH. Seems simple enough, but the files won't open in Vdub. I AM SOOOOO ANNOYED!
paste your script

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:31 pm

slimed wrote:
x2. over a year deep in uni and i still eat alone and don't hangout with anyone.
Sounds cliche, but you just gotta meet the right people. I was that guy all through my freshman year. The fact that my roommate and I had been friends since 4th grade and neither of us really saw any point in getting out of the room did nothing to change that fact.

Then my second year I had a roommate who sorta took me under his wing. "Hey, me and some of the guys are going out for beer/food/etc., and you're coming with us. Don't argue, just get in the car." Happened probably twice a week or so. Good times were had by all.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:52 pm

slimed wrote:
pan_dbgt01 wrote:TRYING TO LEARN AVISYNTH. Seems simple enough, but the files won't open in Vdub. I AM SOOOOO ANNOYED!
paste your script
LWLibavVideoSource(video.mp4)

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:25 am

pan_dbgt01 wrote: LWLibavVideoSource(video.mp4)
it would be LWLibavVideoSource("video.mp4")

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Amaterasu wrote:
pan_dbgt01 wrote: LWLibavVideoSource(video.mp4)
it would be LWLibavVideoSource("video.mp4")
I had the quotations in it. Is there a codec or something that I need?

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:39 pm

slimed wrote:
This is my third year and I play cards with some people, but we don't do anything but that. We don't see movies or hang out anywhere other than the comic book shop. My amazing girlfriend is the only thing that keeps me sane, but it's not fair for her to be constantly worrying about me when she's hanging out with her friends (she's away in a different city for school during the year). I don't understand. When I was in Game Development in Cornwall I absolutely LOVED being alone. I would go to class, come home and lock myself in my room all night and I'd be completely happy. Now I've moved back home and whenever I'm alone all I can think about is how much I wish I had people to do things with. I wish I could be like I was my first two years.
Fire_Starter wrote: Sounds cliche, but you just gotta meet the right people. I was that guy all through my freshman year. The fact that my roommate and I had been friends since 4th grade and neither of us really saw any point in getting out of the room did nothing to change that fact.

Then my second year I had a roommate who sorta took me under his wing. "Hey, me and some of the guys are going out for beer/food/etc., and you're coming with us. Don't argue, just get in the car." Happened probably twice a week or so. Good times were had by all.
The problem is the meeting the right people part. I'm not exactly the most sociable person and it's hard for me to get out and do things and meet people. I'd much rather be at home talking to people online and such, but the problem with that is that they don't provide the same comforts as irl friends. Also with IRL friends you have obligations to hang out with them sometimes and a lot of the time I just want to be by myself, doing my own thing. I HAD some really good friends (and I guess they're still really good friends, Dom being one of them) but it's just like online friends, they're away at school and we don't get an opportunity to hang out.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Still having issues with AVIsynth loading into virtual dub :(

Windows 8 SUCKS as there are no good video converters that work with it.

Looks like I'm going to have to quit editing until I figure this out. I'm soooo pissed!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Everything that worked with Windows 7 will work with Windows 8. I'd open a thread in the video help area asking for some help... there's probably something specific that you're overlooking.

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Getting on the right track.

Return to “General Discussion”