The Age Of Spiralism

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

The Age Of Spiralism

Postby gotegenks » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:47 am

this is like a 7 minute video just fyi
gotegenks

Re: The Age Of Spiralism

Postby Amaterasu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:30 am

First I want to say that I love this band.

Anyways, I loved the video. I was a bit skeptical on how well this video could be considering the length, but I was surprised while watching it how enjoyable it is. Easily one of my favorite TTGL videos. :up:
Amaterasu
Lets Positive Thinking

Postby ReggieSmalls » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:49 pm

That what's up man, dope shit.
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!
ReggieSmalls

Postby xexyzl » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Like all text-centric AMVs it rides a very thin line between poignancy and pretentiousness. While there were certainly a fair few elements that nagged me, ultimately the work felt competent and more importantly: earnest. Thank you for sharing; I can imagine if I made something this personal I'd be hesitant to set it loose on the world. Then again, given the nature of the message you were aiming for it seems necessary for others to see it.

So even though I'll probably never watch it again, you totally deserve those 5 stars.
xexyzl

Postby qyll » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:26 pm

dug :up:
zzz
qyll

Postby Kisagi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:39 pm

It was a nice touch felt very relaxing and a lot of feelings were shown.

Good Job :up: :up:
Kisagi

Postby ViKAMV » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:30 am

Usually I don't like long amv's(I mean more than 5 min), but this one was enjoyable and peaceful so, good work!
ViKAMV

Postby Begi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:09 pm

This should be called a Journey. It plunges into one's internal conflicts while posing questions pertaining to existence and reasons of life as well as pondering the idea of our relevance to the universe. This video cannot be watched as an AMV. Watching it as so distorts it's true intentions and only allows you to see the technical aspects of the editing. It's psychological factor is what makes this video great! (the editing itself is also unbelievable!). It uses fundamental aspects of story telling and poetry and ties in the emotional charge of a motivational video while incorporating techniques that are the key foundations of AMVs to create something truly amazing.

With that said, I would have to say this is one of the greatest VIDEOS I have ever watched, AMVs and anything else alike. To be able to employ such a strong emotion into the video is not simple at all, it requires much dedication to do so. Great job, definitely worth the whole 8 minutes! :up:
Begi

Postby CastielTheFallen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Fuckin' tight, brotha.
DZ|BSP
CastielTheFallen
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby AimoAio » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Wow. Well, that was quite something! I don't really have any other word other than amazing to describe it for now. Maybe a better, more detailed opinion will come to me in the morning but my brain isn't really in the best state to be writing a good enough comment for this. Anyway, this is one of the best videos I've ever seen from you. You've definitely outdone yourself, great job! :up:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Shin-AMV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 pm

I was a little worried starting this up because of the sheer length of it, but this was pretty sweet. Good job. :up:
Shin-AMV

Postby monstravi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 pm

I've held off on commenting until I've watched the hell out of it. This is a perfectly paced emotional rollercoaster that presents itself as an AMV. Watching it made me actually tap into the mish-mash of feelings and emotions this video conveys, and it was DEEP, in fact, it went A LOT deeper than I'm used to in AMVs. As already mentioned, this feels incredibly earnest and personal, rather than pretentious. If I were to judge it as an AMV, I would say that it was perfectly crafted: the cuts, the pacing, the use of text, the overall sync - it all shows that you were extremely meticulous with the technical side of things, which genuinely enhances the overall message you were conveying and makes me glue my eyes to the screen for absolutely every second of the video. But like Begi pointed out: this can not be judged as "just" an AMV, because it's more than that. It feels like it transcends the boundaries of an AMV and goes above and beyond it's archetypal framework, and the end result is something truly amazing. It really is your Magnum Opus, unless you manage to SOMEHOW top it off later down the line because I know you are an extremely ambitious son-of-a-gun (which is oddly reminiscent of TTGL's main motif).
monstravi

Postby aerotem » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:24 pm

r0x the s0x in the b0x
aerotem
show 'em my judo throw

Postby gotegenks » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks everyone. It's funny how the comments range from ones like begi's and then one's like shin's haha, not many bad comments so far though, so I'm happy, thanks.
gotegenks

Postby FarmXD » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Wow I need to watch this a lot of times to make a reasonable opinion...I can't think
because is just amazing. Gurren Lagann never fails as source! The whole video
is like a huge audio-visual poem. Good job!
FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!

Next

Return to AMV Announcements