The Age Of Spiralism

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: The Age Of Spiralism

Post by Shin-AMV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 pm

I was a little worried starting this up because of the sheer length of it, but this was pretty sweet. Good job. :up:

monstravi
Org Profile

Post by monstravi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 pm

I've held off on commenting until I've watched the hell out of it. This is a perfectly paced emotional rollercoaster that presents itself as an AMV. Watching it made me actually tap into the mish-mash of feelings and emotions this video conveys, and it was DEEP, in fact, it went A LOT deeper than I'm used to in AMVs. As already mentioned, this feels incredibly earnest and personal, rather than pretentious. If I were to judge it as an AMV, I would say that it was perfectly crafted: the cuts, the pacing, the use of text, the overall sync - it all shows that you were extremely meticulous with the technical side of things, which genuinely enhances the overall message you were conveying and makes me glue my eyes to the screen for absolutely every second of the video. But like Begi pointed out: this can not be judged as "just" an AMV, because it's more than that. It feels like it transcends the boundaries of an AMV and goes above and beyond it's archetypal framework, and the end result is something truly amazing. It really is your Magnum Opus, unless you manage to SOMEHOW top it off later down the line because I know you are an extremely ambitious son-of-a-gun (which is oddly reminiscent of TTGL's main motif).

aerotem
show 'em my judo throw
Org Profile

Post by aerotem » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:24 pm

r0x the s0x in the b0x

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks everyone. It's funny how the comments range from ones like begi's and then one's like shin's haha, not many bad comments so far though, so I'm happy, thanks.

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Wow I need to watch this a lot of times to make a reasonable opinion...I can't think
because is just amazing. Gurren Lagann never fails as source! The whole video
is like a huge audio-visual poem. Good job!

Shiver
Higurashiver
Org Profile

Post by Shiver » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:31 pm

So many spoilers T_T I know, I'm stupid but I'm a fan of your videos and I didn't want to wait till I watch gurren lagann.
I loved it so much, text was perfectly put with the clips and didn't divert attention. I didn't even notice the ultra lenght too.
It gived me emotions so it was amazing, really good job gotegenks! :up:

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Damn I thought you quit editing. Interesting video though.

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:51 am

Pretty nice, it didn't feel that long :)
Rawr desu <3

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:53 am

Interesting video overall, but it wasn't perfect. I appreciated the whole experience without watching from an AMV standpoint, but most of the texts were more of a distraction for me rather than enhancing the experience in this case. Although, on the positive note, I didn't feel it was long at all considering the length of this video and, as said it was interesting and original on it own way, but overall it wasn't my cup of tea in the end.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:27 pm

God... it was great despite your typos choice were bad and a bit too much intrusive but somehow... that is what makes the charm of your video.
I was completely taken in it, I loved it, and well... that is the kind of tribute Gurren Lagann deserves, as a fan myself, I'm just pleased to see such a video. Earlier this week, I said to my french fellas I can't watch vids longer than 2:30 anymore, you just made me lie dude.

Well done.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”