The Age Of Spiralism

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
gotegenks
Org Profile

The Age Of Spiralism

Post by gotegenks » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:47 am

this is like a 7 minute video just fyi

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Re: The Age Of Spiralism

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:30 am

First I want to say that I love this band.

Anyways, I loved the video. I was a bit skeptical on how well this video could be considering the length, but I was surprised while watching it how enjoyable it is. Easily one of my favorite TTGL videos. :up:

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:49 pm

That what's up man, dope shit.
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

xexyzl
Org Profile

Post by xexyzl » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Like all text-centric AMVs it rides a very thin line between poignancy and pretentiousness. While there were certainly a fair few elements that nagged me, ultimately the work felt competent and more importantly: earnest. Thank you for sharing; I can imagine if I made something this personal I'd be hesitant to set it loose on the world. Then again, given the nature of the message you were aiming for it seems necessary for others to see it.

So even though I'll probably never watch it again, you totally deserve those 5 stars.

qyll
Org Profile

Post by qyll » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:26 pm

dug :up:
zzz

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:39 pm

It was a nice touch felt very relaxing and a lot of feelings were shown.

Good Job :up: :up:

ViKAMV
Org Profile

Post by ViKAMV » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:30 am

Usually I don't like long amv's(I mean more than 5 min), but this one was enjoyable and peaceful so, good work!

Begi
Org Profile

Post by Begi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:09 pm

This should be called a Journey. It plunges into one's internal conflicts while posing questions pertaining to existence and reasons of life as well as pondering the idea of our relevance to the universe. This video cannot be watched as an AMV. Watching it as so distorts it's true intentions and only allows you to see the technical aspects of the editing. It's psychological factor is what makes this video great! (the editing itself is also unbelievable!). It uses fundamental aspects of story telling and poetry and ties in the emotional charge of a motivational video while incorporating techniques that are the key foundations of AMVs to create something truly amazing.

With that said, I would have to say this is one of the greatest VIDEOS I have ever watched, AMVs and anything else alike. To be able to employ such a strong emotion into the video is not simple at all, it requires much dedication to do so. Great job, definitely worth the whole 8 minutes! :up:

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Fuckin' tight, brotha.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Wow. Well, that was quite something! I don't really have any other word other than amazing to describe it for now. Maybe a better, more detailed opinion will come to me in the morning but my brain isn't really in the best state to be writing a good enough comment for this. Anyway, this is one of the best videos I've ever seen from you. You've definitely outdone yourself, great job! :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”