[AWA Pro 2013] Boxxed

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
qyll
Org Profile

Re: [AWA Pro 2013] Boxxed

Post by qyll » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Really awesome. I always dug the silhouette/solid color style of art. This is the kind of video I've always wanted to make but just didn't have the patience to do all the masking. Props, yo.

I don't know if this was an artistic choice, but I felt a lot of the motions were jerky. I would've like to have seen more smoothing/easing on those keyframes.

Anyways, :up: :up:
zzz

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:43 am

wow May!!! very very nice effects!! I can see you worked a lot on this o.o I like the effects, but after some time I felt like there was too much text and not too much scenes from the anime >.< and also I think it could have had more dynamics, some parts felt kind of slow, but overall very nice work! congrats! :3

Cour
Org Profile

Post by Cour » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Could finally finish this video, after so long I guess you were glad to learn that he was finally ready, haha.
I must admit that I love this video, the colors, the typography and sync are very good. It is a very good video to pass the time and enjoy watching it, personally the song is not my favorite but ... I like the song together with this amazing video.
Great job Aimo! :up: :up: :up:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Aerialesque wrote:I'm usually not a big fan of videos that focus so much on text, but for some reason, I really like this one. The masking/rotoscoping is very clean, and I love the coloring of the typography. I do agree that the lip sync sticks out once in awhile as a little messy, but not so much as to ruin the video for me. Also, I REALLY didn't like the song when I first watched this for Pro...but it's so catchy that it kinda grew on me. >> Anyway, nice work! :)
I don't think I can sum up my thoughts better than this. :lol:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:30 pm

I wish I had the time and capacity to edit like this.

I LOVE IT!

bombush
Org Profile

Post by bombush » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:42 am

I really liked Good Times so I was looking forward to seeing another typography video from you. And while the sync in this one might be a little bit off at times you proved that typography is your forte and also that it is what makes you a unique editor. I'm looking forward to your next vid. :up:

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:16 am

GREAT transitions, GREAT masks, very creative effects, colorful, one of a kind! A 5/5 piece of work :up:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:25 pm

qyll wrote:Really awesome. I always dug the silhouette/solid color style of art. This is the kind of video I've always wanted to make but just didn't have the patience to do all the masking. Props, yo.

I don't know if this was an artistic choice, but I felt a lot of the motions were jerky. I would've like to have seen more smoothing/easing on those keyframes.

Anyways, :up: :up:
I haven't modified the speed/velocity of any of the scenes so it's most likely something already present in the anime itself. I do see your point though because when I was creating the compositions, it felt like there were too few frames for some of the scenes I was masking. I also considered editing the whole thing in 29fps so the text motions would look nicer but I was too lazy to re-convert the source. XD Thank you for enjoying the video though!
MystykAMV wrote:wow May!!! very very nice effects!! I can see you worked a lot on this o.o I like the effects, but after some time I felt like there was too much text and not too much scenes from the anime >.< and also I think it could have had more dynamics, some parts felt kind of slow, but overall very nice work! congrats! :3
Hahaha! I actually wanted less scenes from the anime and more text/effect wise but I kinda ran out of good ideas that fit. :( Thanks Heni!
Cour wrote:Could finally finish this video, after so long I guess you were glad to learn that he was finally ready, haha.
I must admit that I love this video, the colors, the typography and sync are very good. It is a very good video to pass the time and enjoy watching it, personally the song is not my favorite but ... I like the song together with this amazing video.
Great job Aimo! :up: :up: :up:
Yeah I'm so glad I released it because now I can't go back and change stuff so I no longer need to feel bad about being lazy and not making some sections better. xD It's the same with me, Marina's songs didn't really stick first time but after some replaying.....it's stuck horribly. XD
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Aerialesque wrote:I'm usually not a big fan of videos that focus so much on text, but for some reason, I really like this one. The masking/rotoscoping is very clean, and I love the coloring of the typography. I do agree that the lip sync sticks out once in awhile as a little messy, but not so much as to ruin the video for me. Also, I REALLY didn't like the song when I first watched this for Pro...but it's so catchy that it kinda grew on me. >> Anyway, nice work! :)
I don't think I can sum up my thoughts better than this. :lol:
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :P
pan_dbgt01 wrote:I wish I had the time and capacity to edit like this.

I LOVE IT!
It's probably my most time consuming project to date. >__< And the horrible part is I have an idea that will take even LONGER than this one. D: I'm happy you liked it though! ^^ Makes the time I spent working on this worthwhile.
bombush wrote:I really liked Good Times so I was looking forward to seeing another typography video from you. And while the sync in this one might be a little bit off at times you proved that typography is your forte and also that it is what makes you a unique editor. I'm looking forward to your next vid. :up:
Ooo Good Times was definitely one of my favourite edits so I'm really glad you liked that! And being someone who loves typography, I'm happy to hear that my typography work is one of my strong points. ;__; It really does make me very happy.
Animated wrote:GREAT transitions, GREAT masks, very creative effects, colorful, one of a kind! A 5/5 piece of work :up:
Wow that's a really good compliment from you! Especially since I didn't think you were the type to like or enjoy such heavy candy styled videos. XD Thanks Animated!

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Good stuff. I liked it. I can't really say anything else that hasn't already been said already. Major points for fun technical and creative editing. Lipsync is blah blah blah, but its a minor point overall, cause the rest is totes fun.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Loved this. I usually hate kinds of videos like this because they are mostly done very poorly, but this was one of the rare instances of it being done very well and professional looking. It was my favorite in all of the AWA Pro videos.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”