About AMVs and...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Centurione
Org Profile

Re: About AMVs and...

Post by Centurione » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:11 am

Well actually, there's a new Polish AMV site being created and the thing is... People who do it are not AMV-makers themselves. I accidentally found out about recrutation for the staff of it and signed up cause looking at how it was supposed to be organised I was really afraid it'd turn out to be some really shitty site. So yea, some guy wrote me later and asked a few questions. One of them was 'what is ASMV?' and I was like 'dafuq?' inside but well, I thought I can't lose because of something like that. Fortunately the guy wasn't clever enough and in the previous question he sent me an 'ASMV' by loosecontrol to write about so I though 'yea, some non-existent YT stuff, right'. Later as I succeded to get into the staff, I signed up to the site and there were categories of AMVs.... 'ASMV' YAY!
Deleted it a second later and replaced it with Story.

(btw, when I was talking to the guy once - he's the main admin - and sent him RenaSun's Externalize he said he didn't like it cause he doesn't like this show xDDDDDDDDD)

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:46 am

Centurione wrote:(btw, when I was talking to the guy once - he's the main admin - and sent him RenaSun's Externalize he said he didn't like it cause he doesn't like this show xDDDDDDDDD)
Haha, Yeah! I've heard many people judge amvs like that just because they don't understand what it takes to make an amv. Welp, I guess ignorance is a blessing.

As for the ASMVs. As everyone here basically said, I agree that it is an useless creation of someone just wanting attention. :dino:
ImageImage

Emerald Mercy
Org Profile

Post by Emerald Mercy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:53 am

As an AMV judge, I see them as AMVs, as long as they fit the definition of being >50% music content for the audio length, with >50% anime content for the video length.

The problem is that many of these ASMVs do not make it as far as your 3:00 AMVs. I acknowledge them as AMVs, but when ranked alongside other AMVs, they fail miserably. If I were to edit the ranking system and make it tailored to ASMVs then they would also have their own rankings, probably based more on story, narration, and meaning rather than sync, flow, special effects.

Either case, I do not think I will be judging ASMVs as ASMVs for quite some time. For now, they are judged the same as any other AMV.

These are my thoughts on the subject.

Thinking of you,

-Emerald Mercy

Emerald Mercy
Org Profile

Post by Emerald Mercy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:00 am

ibabrak wrote:
Centurione wrote:(btw, when I was talking to the guy once - he's the main admin - and sent him RenaSun's Externalize he said he didn't like it cause he doesn't like this show xDDDDDDDDD)
Haha, Yeah! I've heard many people judge amvs like that just because they don't understand what it takes to make an amv. Welp, I guess ignorance is a blessing.

As for the ASMVs. As everyone here basically said, I agree that it is an useless creation of someone just wanting attention. :dino:
No one should judge an AMV for the music content, or the anime used... doing so ruins the point in AMVs. All you are doing would be judging a personal preference for a song, or a personal preference for an anime. I agree on that aspect... however...

An ASMV is an AMV, but according to the ranking system, not too good of one at best. They fail in sync often, though they have long and tiring flow. Their meaning is their best score, but the special effects dwindle, and perspective often gets hindered. The length is absolutely ridiculous...

All in all, the scores of an ASMV are little compared to their 3:00 AMV counterparts. In any case, based off of the definition of AMVs having a content of mostly music and anime... ASMVs fit within those bounds.

Just some thoughts...

I am still reranking all of the "Top Ranked AMVs" for the playlist... I had a problem with youtube for a bit... the AMVs should be up soon. Nostromo still got #1 though...

Some things don't change...

Thinking of you,

-Emerald Mercy

Return to “General AMV”