Sony vegas: Darker snapshop

Liquified
Org Profile

Sony vegas: Darker snapshop

Post by Liquified » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Dear Community,

As i try to make a new snapshot of my footage, and place it again in the timeline, my picture is darker than the footage itself..
So how do i solve this? because i already do have Preview mode on Best -> Full, and if i try to snap in to a .PNG file, i only get a transparant file...so the only option is left a .JPEG...

Anyone do know about this? please reply, i'd really, really appreciate it if you can help me out :)

Greetz

Traumadriver :awesome:
"What do you think Doc, am I crazy?"
"It sounds like you have a classic case of Anatidaephobia, which is a fear of being watched by ducks. I recommend that you go to the store, buy many loaves of bread and and feed the ducks. Feed ALL the ducks. FEED THE DUCKS!."
"That's your advice?"
"FEED THEM!"

Liquified
Org Profile

Re: Sony vegas: Darker snapshop

Post by Liquified » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:23 pm

And its Darker Snapshot* sorry >.<
"It sounds like you have a classic case of Anatidaephobia, which is a fear of being watched by ducks. I recommend that you go to the store, buy many loaves of bread and and feed the ducks. Feed ALL the ducks. FEED THE DUCKS!."
"That's your advice?"
"FEED THEM!"

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:25 am

Sounds like your project settings may be altering the footage so when you export a frame and bring it back in it gets altered even more.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Liquified
Org Profile

Post by Liquified » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:20 am

Hmm ok, that could be possible.. so i might need too change the project settings? but if so, what do you recommend to change in the settings? :P
"That's your advice?"
"FEED THEM!"

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:24 am

Traumadriver wrote:Hmm ok, that could be possible.. so i might need too change the project settings? but if so, what do you recommend to change in the settings? :P
I'm not super familiar with Vegas so I can't really be too specific, I just know that if it is handling RGB in a special way as opposed to just passing it through (for the project or that particular video) then it will cause it to display differently.

Liquified
Org Profile

Post by Liquified » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:10 am

I just looked up the preferences... you can change the settings of RGB yes, but then it changes the way... i dont like... :asd: aswell for the gamma, same story as rgb >.<
"That's your advice?"
"FEED THEM!"

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:20 am

Traumadriver wrote:I just looked up the preferences... you can change the settings of RGB yes, but then it changes the way... i dont like... :asd: aswell for the gamma, same story as rgb >.<
English please...I'm going to go ahead and guess that the footage may look "washed out" when you disable special RGB or gamma handling/adjustments...if you want to adjust it for the final output, whatever...but the problem you are having is you are exporting adjusted material and when you import it again it is getting adjusted again! You do realize you could leave the adjustments off and just wait to turn them on when you ready to export your final render that would prevent you from having these issues...also, just a pro-tip, unless your monitor is calibrated you probably shouldn't be touching the gamma as it will screw up the way it looks on properly calibrated monitors :nono: ...most of the problem isn't the footage, it's the monitor it's being viewed on...

Liquified
Org Profile

Post by Liquified » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Alright, i understand that if i import something that got adjusted, it will get adjusted again, but, i dont understand the part i could leave the adjustment off and turn them on at the final render... sorry if i ask that, but im not really into the Rendering/Screen options... But could you please explain what you mean with Leave the adjustments off and wait to turm them on at the final render? :P
"That's your advice?"
"FEED THEM!"

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Traumadriver wrote:Alright, i understand that if i import something that got adjusted, it will get adjusted again, but, i dont understand the part i could leave the adjustment off and turn them on at the final render... sorry if i ask that, but im not really into the Rendering/Screen options... But could you please explain what you mean with Leave the adjustments off and wait to turm them on at the final render? :P
Basically, if you export a screenshot with the project settings set to a certain way, the screenshot will be exported with any modification, but if you have that stuff turned OFF it will not have those adjustments so it will match the rest of your footage. It's not rocket science...I'm not really sure how to explain it any clearer than that...simply wait until you are done editing before you adjust any project settings that adjust gamma and things of that nature.

Liquified
Org Profile

Post by Liquified » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Ah, i understand now :)
Thanks for explaining it, i was really confused in the beginning, for me it was more a rocket science hehehe xD
Ok, after im done with the editing i can adjust the project settings, got it ^^
Thank you very much for helping me out there :))
"That's your advice?"
"FEED THEM!"

Return to “Video & Audio Help”