BlazBlue: Alter Memory

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

BlazBlue: Alter Memory

Post by mirkosp » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:58 am

ANN wrote:In the year 2199, humanity eagerly waits for the dawn of the new century, following the end of a series of devastating magic wars. When the world's most wanted man, Ragna the Bloodedge (also known as the Grim Reaper) make a move to destroy society, a group of ragtag fighters come together to stop him.

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Re: BlazBlue: Alter Memory

Post by FarmXD » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Seems like I'm the only one here excited for this xD

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:10 am

Cool it's an anime!!!

I wonder why they continued from where the first game ended and why not start in the begining

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Whether you've played the game or not, it's very disappointing. The show doesn't even bother properly introducing the plot or the characters. You're just thrown in the middle of a story with random stuff happening. The fights itself aren't interesting because not only it's badly animated but there's no buildup leading up to it making it seem forced. Seeing that it's planned for 12 episodes total, there's not much I can hope for the remainder of the show. It's one of those adaptations that's nothing more than a commercial for the game.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:04 am

I like it but that's only as a supplement to the games. If you haven't played through the story mode of the games then don't bother with the anime. I think it's designed for fans of the game. They start the show halfway through Calamity Trigger Ragna's route then jump into Continuum Shift at the start of ep3. I think instead of trying to copy the game so closely they should have structured it so it has the same story but works as an anime as well. But yeah, I love seeing a lot of the still image scenes in the game fully animated and they kept all the music from the games as well =D

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:33 am

That's right. It's just a fan service for the fans. But I just played
the first one in story mode so I can say no more about the story itself.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”