Editing Feels

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TheAMVShow
Org Profile

Re: Editing Feels

Post by TheAMVShow » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:19 pm

The ultimate feel is when you accidentally hit backspace while highlighting multiple clips in your sequence.

Then realizing you have undo.

That's probably how injecting meth feels.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 pm

get idea, feel excited, realize how much prep work there is, idea dies...
I miss using crappy footage, it got me to the editing bit a lot quicker..

Frostreturns
Org Profile

Post by Frostreturns » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 am

Bleh, going through a crappy feel where I can't really work up the muse to really work on a video. I know the vision for the AMV I want in my head, but actually producing it is another story. Probably because I need more time to adjust to After Effects, and I have a feeling I'm being too critical of my work. As everytime I try to make a 5-10 seconds clip, I just say "ehhhh" and don't really like it recently. Feel as if it isn't up to par for some reason.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:23 am

-working your ass off in spurts for a year on a video, making sure every cut is just-right, experiencing the ups and downs of a lengthy, rather tedious project
-that feeling you get as you exhale after finally uploading it to the Org/starting an announcement thread for it/posting it on Youtube/starting a thread for it on Reddit
-in the hours and days that follow, trying to understand why almost no one is watching it and literally no one is commenting on it, and beginning to wonder if you should be trying other hobbies instead
-realizing you should have asked for help from beta testers and then followed every bit of "advice" they gave, because people only comment on and leave positive feedback for AMVs made by their friends, unless they've had a chance to pick it apart in some kind of focus group and then see that their suggestions were incorporated into the final product.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Pretty accurate depiction...

Return to “General AMV”