Re: WRITE OR DIE

Post by Brad » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

lynit
Org Profile

Post by lynit » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 am

i really want to do this.

i tried tackling this in 2009 and 2011, both times giving up after a few frenzied days of writing. although i have absolutely no ideas this time around, i like to think i've gained some sort of discipline...which might help?
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:08 am

Due to the placement of Youmacon I've never really been able to actually get a nano off the ground. As much as I want to start/continue work on my next novel I don't really have the urge to work on it right now. However, I've been really wanting to start production on the short film I want to make, but I need a script to go off of.

I think I might dedicate my time in November to getting this script off the ground. I've never actually written a script before, least not a real script. I've written notes and lines and things and made a sort of script but not something that a film professional could look at and really understand.

So yeah. Short film. It needs a script, I need to write it, and well, I want to work on it after Youma so I think that fits. I wont hit 50k words, the film isn't that long, but hey, at least I can get my feel off the ground.

As for the idea. Anyone remember the video I made for round 2 of POE earlier this year? The 8 min long video of silence and a lot of me on screen? Well, the story is based off of that idea.
ImageImageImageImage

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 am

Can I write a haiku for nanowrimo?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Visual novels, comics, haikus, graphic novels, ALL THE THINGS.
Glad to see some responses to the thread, looking forward to what everybody works on.
I just found out that between now and the end of the year I'll be traveling every other week or so. Big stuff going on at work right now and I get to be the trainer for handing off of old projects so we can take on a whole bunch of new projects.

The drawback is, I'll be tired as hell, but the positive is, I'll be in a different environment than I am normally, and I'm sure a lot of you know that being somewhere you've never been before is great to get creative juices flowing. I'll be taking my lappy with me and looking for after-hours adventures to stimulate my imagination. My progress might be choppy, but I'll definitely get what I can out of it.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:33 pm

I have a crazy notion to write song lyrics.

This might actually happen.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am

God dammit, not this shit again.

I'm working a full time job now, so it's gonna be hard for me to finish 50k words this year. Not that it's gonna stop me from trying.

Expect me to post a word count update every day. Maybe a daily body count too.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Gigatless
BEHOLD, CORN!
Org Profile

Post by Gigatless » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Sadly english is not my native language and I'll have a lot of troubles translating my stories.
I love my women like I love my AMV - furious low skilled action without any sync and technique.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will suppress the detest.. and ignore the faith.
Curb the repulsion, and the depression.. and the dread and the hate.
I will get back up on the stage.. because I love you all
I'll keep pouring my heart out.. Cause This Is- Fucking- Rock N Roll!

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:31 pm

inthesto wrote:God dammit, not this shit again.

I'm working a full time job now, so it's gonna be hard for me to finish 50k words this year. Not that it's gonna stop me from trying.

Expect me to post a word count update every day. Maybe a daily body count too.
Yes this shit again. DO IT :nono:
gigatless wrote:Sadly english is not my native language and I'll have a lot of troubles translating my stories.
That's fine! What matters is that you create something. :bear:

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:39 am

Sorry bro, I've decided I'm gonna shoot for a novella instead of a novel.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Return to “General Discussion”