The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks Miaka! I think I will try to write about things that bother me.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:20 am

Ur welcomes! And that's what friends r for

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:57 am

My mother leaves me home alone for like, 9 hours and so far, I've managed to:

- Get more sick
- Break a glass
- Spill ink on my arm
- Lost my phone somewhere in the house
- Scare myself by thinking something is there

And I was wondering why she made me sit down and take my meds in front of her. :|

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:09 am

Seriously I would not survive without my mom....but she really needs to stop feeding me so much because no matter if I have fast metabolism I can't eat all the food she gives me

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 am

And yes I'm still her baby girl....don't judge

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 am

Miaka999 wrote:And yes I'm still her baby girl....don't judge
Not judging. I think you're lucky, actually. .__.'

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Its just sometimes people r still surprised I live wit my parents. Its a culture thing, and I cannot help it that my culture is all about nurturing children, even until past adulthood, and even then the elderly age. Seriously we do not leave the birds nest if you know what I mean. Its all about the family and family is everything. When you marry someone from this type of culture, you are not just marrying the girl, your marrying the whole entire family. Family is so important, I can't leave them even if I tried, and no matter how much they smother me too much >_<

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:09 pm

Miaka999 wrote:Its just sometimes people r still surprised I live wit my parents. Its a culture thing, and I cannot help it that my culture is all about nurturing children, even until past adulthood, and even then the elderly age. Seriously we do not leave the birds nest if you know what I mean. Its all about the family and family is everything. When you marry someone from this type of culture, you are not just marrying the girl, your marrying the whole entire family. Family is so important, I can't leave them even if I tried, and no matter how much they smother me too much >_<
I know what you mean because I was raised the same way. I know it might come as a little surprising to a lot of people but where I'm from, we follow traditions and we don't leave our family. If you're a girl, you get married and then you belong to your husband and in-laws but you still take care of your parents if need be. The two families are in a way getting 'married' not just you and your husband. |:

Sucks but I've always wanted to live alone when I get married. >_>

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:18 pm

I know me too. I cannot get a peace of mind at home. But I am used to the noise and the hustle and bustle that comes with family. And I cannot imagine my life without my family. They mean so much to me that no matter how crazy they get, I still love them. Blood is soooo thicker than water

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:38 pm

my roommate is crazy and i'm currently really anxious and scared living in my dorm. was debating putting this in a spoiler but whatever:

my old roommate moved out to be with friends a week ago so i was paired with this new one. he was okay the first couple nights until one day i came back to the room and he asked if i was gay. after hearing that i am he immediately started sexually harassing me and asking me to do things with him over and over all throughout the day. he'd get angry and violently raise his voice after i would deny him. then every night it got worse and worse until last night: i was laying in bed, he came out to me as being gay which i didn't really care to hear. he asked if *now* i wanted to do things. i said no. he walked over and sat on my bed and was trying to pull down my briefs and put his hands in my pants and was touching me until i pushed him away. he put his hands around my neck and pushed my face into my pillow and said "this is what we can do during sex" and i kept telling him no and to stop and this went on for a while. he said stuff like "if you can do these things with other guys, why not me", "so you only do sexual things when you want to?" - "why is it all about you?" and he just went on saying the most alarming things. until he finally walked back over to his bed. i don't doubt that he would try to rape me if i stuck around this room long enough which i do not plan to do.

he keeps asking me to do things with him like exercise, eat at the dining hall with him, etc., and he gets really angry whenever i say no and calls me "stupid" and a "loser" as if i should feel obligated to do any of these things with him after seeing how insane he is.

an incident happened today where he went to go eat and asked if i wanted to with him, i said no. after repeatedly asking me and heckling me he finally went by himself. i left like a half hour afterwards hoping he'd be about finished. of course he seen me at the dining hall and came and sat next to me and was saying sexual things while i was eating such as "can i eat your ass for desert?" (lmfao), i refused to talk to him or make eye contact and i ignored him completely. then finally i told him to go away and that i didn't want to eat with anyone. i walked away to a different seat and he followed me. he sat there until i decided to stop eating because i was uncomfortable with him staring at me and trying to make awkward small talk which i clearly wasn't interested in, and followed me back to the dorm every step of the way. he said things like "want to fight?" - "we can go in the woods and fight." he's also threatened to punch me and also "kill me" if i "knocked into his tv" although i'm not sure how seriously to take that threat.

speaking of his tv, he has it placed on top of my fridge in the middle of the room where i can barely back up in my desk seat without nearly hitting it. he has fox news on all day at max volume, last night he had it on until 1am. and then he decided it was time to read his book so he turned on the ceiling light keeping me up. i basically fall asleep on his terms every night.

he constantly tries to talk to me and talk over my headphones. he said that "he's been picturing us together since last week." he won't leave me alone. he also has a seizure condition which i'm concerned about, and apparently sleepwalks from time to time.

i planned since last week to switch rooms, to be away from my roommate, and also just to be in a single room because i'm introverted and tired of my bad luck with roommates that seem to just gradually get worse. so i e-mailed my RA and have a meeting to discuss that tomorrow. on top of all of this, he's from some ghetto town and says he knows thieves, rapists, and murderers; this makes me unsure about including any of the things that could potentially get him kicked out of the residence hall with the adviser tomorrow, like if he were to find my address or something (he browses google maps all day and actually once looked up my town and asked which house i lived in and i pointed to some random building). hopefully this is my last night with him.

Return to “General Discussion”