Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Post by Otohiko » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Given that I'd figured out how the series works as far as world view/philosophy, I'm not surprised, but yup xD That was a gigantic feel troll for sure!!!

I am sad it's over. This was definitely in my top 3 this season, and was definitely the most unexpected one. I didn't have this series figured out for the longest time, and it kept up the surprises all along the way. It's definitely very Japanese writing-wise, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who expects things to be neatly explained and wrapped up - it's a world-building show where you don't really get to know very much, you just get to "dip your toes" and get introduced to a few characters, but it's never a complete story. Which personally, I loved.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:47 pm

wat.

That entire last ep made NO SENSE. I still got the feels but ehhhhhh, the double plot twist was really weird. Plot-wise this show was pretty poop, but I did love the universe they created and the animation was top notch as always with a Madhouse anime. I enjoyed it as a whole but it wasn't one of those anime that I anticipated every week.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:18 am

I think the point is that there wasn't really a plot... It took me a whole to realize it, but the show never even tried to have a continuous story, I think. It was very episodic and never even attempted to explain the "big mysteries" - so yeah, it was pretty all over the place and would be a bit disappointing if you were looking for an overarching plot. I really enjoyed it once I realized that it's not what it was about, though.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”