AWA 2013 Roast!!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2013 Roast!!

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:41 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:In general, I think the live roast works provided the creators doing the roast come prepped and can play off the audience
I agree live is the best... but I am thinking reality and what will give the best product. Being prepped for a live presentation and play off the audience... very tricky and I thought everyone did a good job, but a lot of people were bored I guess.

I think this way a roaster can record a bunch of jokes and stuff where there is no pressure. Send all the footage to the MC who would be responsible for putting the final presentation together where he or she can add extra things to it. Just throwing ideas out on how to make the roast funny for everyone even people who don't know the person being roasted and or the roasters...

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:06 pm

I loved the roast and think Zarx would be a great choice. I think a combination of a roast mep video and live jokes would be the best combo (like this year).

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:05 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:I loved the roast and think Zarx would be a great choice. I think a combination of a roast mep video and live jokes would be the best combo (like this year).
AWA 2014 HENTAI ROAST OF MEXICAN JUNIOR WITH YOUR HOST TOOTHPICK "NOT MEXICAN JUNIOR" VIC!
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:21 pm

I don't really have a perspective on the Roast from just a viewer perspective since I've been involved in all the roasts I've been to so far, but one thing I've always appreciated about the Roasts is that for whoever is getting roasted the Roasters are a cross section of people who represent different groups which helps to generate or keep interest for editors who may or may not know someone. For whoever gets roasted in the future I think it'd be good to keep that aspect, while a roast is supposed to be circle jerky with a lot of in-jokes it needs to steer away from it being just a day in the life of a group of friends being displayed on stage, its good to try to make it as inclusive as possible so everyone feels involved or recognized to some degree even if its just a small name drop.

I tried to work in as many people as possible, especially for people that I knew that where going to be there and even for a few I knew wouldn't be there. There are some people I wanted to include in a joke or two but I ended up cutting a bunch of stuff because it didn't have a good place to fit. Also some people are hard to write decent jokes for without feeling so generically vague.

But I just wanna say, I love the Roast and the idea of it. Its one of the few things I think that really brings us together as a community to just poke fun at ourselves collectively.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Let's make sure Zarx can actually make it next year.

But I agree he's a great choice and tons of material can be used for him. :twisted:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:51 pm

SailorDeath wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:I loved the roast and think Zarx would be a great choice. I think a combination of a roast mep video and live jokes would be the best combo (like this year).
AWA 2014 HENTAI ROAST OF MEXICAN JUNIOR WITH YOUR HOST TOOTHPICK "NOT MEXICAN JUNIOR" VIC!
I would be honored.... :up:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:
I would be honored.... :up:
All your stuff is too old so it would be hard to keep the jokes up to date :P :P :P :P :P :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:32 am

All this feedback is awesome. Thanks guys! I'd love to get Alan booked for next year, he and Brian are some of the people I miss at AWA too. Keep this coming, it will only help us make the event that much better next time. :up:

Sean and I have some more ideas for next year and really want to get people involved in this, so we really appreciate everyone's input and enthusiasm.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Will post my feedback when I get home tonight
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Anime Conventions”