Gatchaman Crowds

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Gatchaman Crowds

Post by Otohiko » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 pm

mirkosp wrote:The full op has been released, and along come the official lyrics.

http://i.imgur.com/80ucy7O.jpg

WAT.
... :uhoh:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:49 am

Looks like Hajime (I think it was) made a friend, lol

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:04 pm

This had a Power Ranger/Super Sentai nostalgic feel to it, yet the animation was quite refreshing. This was actually better than expected, and probably one of the better ones this season.
Under Construction

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:30 am

This was one of my favorites of the season, I loved the art, the themes and the freakin Hajime.

The last two eps felt off to me though.
Spoiler :
Episode 11 had a recap for half the episode, which made the rest of the series feel so rushed, especially noticeable in ep 12 where characters are near-completely absent, OD's DEATH goes completely unmentioned, the last scene which comes out of nowhere and is unexplained. I almost wonder if the recap will be removed for the DVD, because they could have paced things so much better without it, and it felt so out of place.
Even so? I can't get too mad at it, I enjoyed every episode a lot.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:39 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Spoiler :
OD's DEATH goes completely unmentioned
This probably annoyed me the MOST in the last episode. It's like a happy ending and I was just thinking "UM HELLO GUYS AREN'T YOU FORGETTING ABOUT SOMEONE? FROM YOUR OWN TEAM NO LESS." >__>
pacotacoshell wrote:Evil dude's voice is so annoying, I can't handle it. :|
And I agree but I can't deny the VA did an awesome job. ;D He's also one of my favourite voice actors since I can almost always recognize him instantly.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Just so you know, they didn't actually manage to put everything in the last episode. They kind of messed up the pacing, so ended up with too much material for the last two episodes, and decided to have a recap for half of ep 11 (WHY?!), and then part of ep 11 content was shifted into ep 12 e a good chunk of ep 12's original content was cut. This should explain why there is the feeling that something is missing.
It's currently unknown whether they plan to adjust this in the blu-ray edition or if it will be left unchanged, though.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”