POKEMON

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Post by hamstar138 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:52 am

from research i've looked at it seems this'll only be a special. But there is also nothing that says it's only a special. Right now it looks unlikely this will be based off the manga but I also have my doubts it'll be a continuing series and will only be a special series.
ImageImage
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:21 am

hamstar138 wrote: But there is also nothing that says it's only a special.
It says so on the official site's page, plus in the PV itself it says it's an "original animation," which in japanese terms is what they use to refer to OVAs/OADs and TV Specials, as well as it says it airs ON october 2nd, not STARTING october 2nd.
However, nothing stops them to use this as a pilot in case it has an incredible success. But I don't have many hopes about that, it's more likely they'll use this as a mean of hype for the release of XY.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 am

hamstar138 wrote:from research i've looked at it seems this'll only be a special. But there is also nothing that says it's only a special. Right now it looks unlikely this will be based off the manga but I also have my doubts it'll be a continuing series and will only be a special series.
I'm pretty sure it's based off of the Red/Blue games, considering the opening shot of the trailer is of a GameBoy. It's definitely not an adaptation of Pokemon Adventures - Red starting with a Charmander and Lance acting not-like-a-
Spoiler :
seem like pretty strong clues against that.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 am

Whoa. http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue29/dualtypemoves

Obviously it's a lot of speculation as to the specifics, but considering it's coming from the same source as a lot of confirmed updates, dual-type moves might actually be a thing. Image
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:17 am

tipsd9video
Org Profile

Post by tipsd9video » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Yaaaaay all the Kanto starters have mega evolutions :D
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:29 am

This is Pokemon year :|

I even bought a game boy pocket with Red version, so I could play that
when I'm not playing Y or White 2 (I have 571 seen in dex, I'm decided to complete
that one) or watching the new anime. So if I got bored of that I'll do some AMV
of Pokemon the origin. Everything is pokemon. Smells like pokemon.
Pokes are poking like pokemon, pokemon all the way pok poekemoenoe pokemon.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:59 pm

Strangely, this is the first time I've actually seen television advertisements for the games. I don't remember them doing that even back during Gen I, despite plugging the show. Even then it was only on the channel where it aired.

And the thing that made this extra weird is that it's Comedy Central I saw the X/Y ad on. Like right in the middle of Tosh.0 or The Colbert Report.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Back in Gen 1 days there was this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tTc8__lXkM

But yeah, it looks like Gen 6 is going to be pretty big in every way.
X and Y combined are probably the only games which can do better than GTA V in amount of copies sold this year (not just total revenue 'cause there's no 150-bucks-a-piece limited edition to inflate that). It'll be interesting to see what ends up being the most sold game of 2013.

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:10 pm

The Origin will be a long tv special or 4 episodes??
I read somewhere yesterday that it'll be aired in american tv
divided in 4 parts, but don't know really what will be aired
in Japan in october 2

Return to “General Discussion”