Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Kyssifur
Org Profile

1:1 until sunday evening

Post by Kyssifur » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:38 am

I'll do yours as soon as possible ;)

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Kyssifur on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
we are awesome

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Re: 1:1 for the first 3

Post by Diegao » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:02 am

Ahah too bad I've already done it!
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:15 am

Have you seen the reply? :D
we are awesome

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Post by [key]Scarlet » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:39 am

I've done it! :mrgreen:

Thank you in advance :shark:

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:52 am

Kyssifur wrote:Have you seen the reply? :D
Yeah I saw it! I was writing you a PM, but since you opened this topic, I'll reply here.

I agree with your point of view, 'cause I see things in the same way. Not to say that I edit like you (well, actually I do it sometimes), but I also enjoy my "editing style" and my main goal is entertain people. And also, I appreciate the fact that you enjoy what you do, and you don't want to change just to be more popular.
About the song, is not for the Rap genre, I have nothing against it, it was more for the song itself, which initially sounded weird to my ears, but then, as you know, it worked. Because, like you, I also edit only if I feel that the song fits with the anime; so this is one of my weapon as well :)
Normal cuts aren't boring, but when we talk about AMVs, for some people they are, especially nowdays. In any case, you'd better keep doing things as you do them now.
You're welcome, and congratulations for your place :)

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:12 pm

I would love to have opinions of my new AMV next week >_<

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:49 pm

[key]Scarlet wrote:Thank you in advance :shark:
I look forward to see how you edited to this song! *-*
diegao94 wrote:
Kyssifur wrote:Have you seen the reply? :D
Yeah I saw it! I was writing you a PM, but since you opened this topic, I'll reply here.

I agree with your point of view, 'cause I see things in the same way. Not to say that I edit like you (well, actually I do it sometimes), but I also enjoy my "editing style" and my main goal is entertain people. And also, I appreciate the fact that you enjoy what you do, and you don't want to change just to be more popular.
About the song, is not for the Rap genre, I have nothing against it, it was more for the song itself, which initially sounded weird to my ears, but then, as you know, it worked. Because, like you, I also edit only if I feel that the song fits with the anime; so this is one of my weapon as well :)
Normal cuts aren't boring, but when we talk about AMVs, for some people they are, especially nowdays. In any case, you'd better keep doing things as you do them now.
You're welcome, and congratulations for your place :)
Thanks! :) It is really hard to write down my thoughts in English, but let's give a try... I enjoy editing, because I do it in my own style. And I like my own style because it's mine. I never put a scene under any part of the song unless I feel it at least good. I mean, let's just talk about that particular 2 seconds. I loop it several times and it must be good looking, if it's perfect, that satisfies me more. I also have to mention the before-after parts. It's not enough when you have a lot of perfect small cuts. They must fit with each other, they must have a steady flow, a "this pleasures my eyes" flow. That's why I think that scene selection is much more important than using fancy FXs and transitions. Also important how you put them together, you have to feel the song, you have to see the song in front of you, the song has to be incarnated with the anime or how the fuck should I explain this... An AMV can strike with only a small amount of blur, color curves, B&C in it. Or without. I'm a big fan of nonfx AMVs. Donno why, but I don't want to get more in to FXs. Those I mentioned before are more than enough for me, to entertain and satisfy myself, and on top of that: the audience. I'm not saying everybody loves my videos, but those of people who leave a comment, or leave a thumbs up on YT, org, wherever, I think they found my actual AMV at least interesting. :D And yes, I don't want to change my style, my conceptions, just to be more popular.

Secondly, I love comments where people say that they loved how the anime fitted with the music. This is what I call success. :) This is how an AMV should be builded up or what... The perfect scene selection under the perfect fitting music. This is a real AMV. This is my goal when I start editing, since I realized that I'm a dumb to use fancy FXs. And sometimes it works, sometimes it works less. But overall, there are always a few fans behind each and every video of mine. :)

Rap music is dangerous to edit with. From a lot of aspects. I don't want to detail it, but you won't be able to tell me 10 very good rap AMVs. :) I bet you! :D

It's a really interesting topic to talk about, everybody is welcome to write me :D
FarmXD wrote:I would love to have opinions of my new AMV next week >_<
I'm going to publish my new Attack on Titan AMV next weekend. You are welcome to leave an op on it. :) Btw. It's been already listed on my profile.
we are awesome

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:56 am

Don't worry I understood what you said, and I agree with you, as I've already said, we're very similar in this.
Of course there are people that have different point of views, they might prefer gorgeous effects everywhere in the video, but I think that if you lack the basis (good cuts, flow, scene selection and so on) there is no special effect that can make the video become good.
Yeah, Rap music isn't easy at all, and actually I can't remember even one good AMV with a Rap song ahah

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:52 am

[key]Scarlet wrote:I've done it! :mrgreen:

Thank you in advance :shark:
Done!
we are awesome

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Re: 1:1 until sunday evening

Post by [key]Scarlet » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:12 am

Thank you very much! Yeah, in one week is not easy edit an AMV, but I still managed to do almost all that I had in mind. The result is not perfect, but I'm glad you liked it even if it's not of your tastes :mrgreen:

Return to “Works in Progress”