Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (now with winners)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (>3 days left)

Post by ngsilver » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:39 am

Honestly, we'd have to see the video to make the determination. But since it's you, I'd probably say no. :shark:
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (>3 days left)

Post by ngsilver » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:12 pm

I have heard a number of people have been having issues trying to use pwolftp. They get an error message "Index was outside of the bounds of array"

At this time I am not sure what is causing this but it appears to be application based. If you receive this error I suggest you attempt to use a different FTP client such as filezilla in order to submit your entry.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (>21 hours left)

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:14 am

We're down to the last few hours for submitting entry forms and FTP requests. If you're waiting to the last minute then your time is neigh. Remember I will close all new entry submissions and FTP requests at 11:59 PM / 23:59 on 9/20/2013 (less then 21 hours from this posting.) As long as you have submitted your entry form and opened your FTP account (the button on your entry shows 'close FTP account') by the deadline then you are fine. I will be going through all items as soon as I am able and fulfill all requests in the order they come in.

I have fulfilled all current requests at this time and all entry status should be up-to-date. I have sent another email reminder to everyone who has yet to have their videos received and any entries that had issues. If you didn't receive a notice then you should be fine but it is always best to check the entry status page just to be sure.

As always, any questions or issues please let me know.
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (>21 hours left)

Post by Mr Pilkington » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:56 am

enjoy......

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (>4 hours left)

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Holy last min entries batman! :shock:

Everyone who has submitted FTP requests and entry forms over the last 12 hours will have their requests fullfilled shortly. Sorry for the wait but I had a few errands I had to run after work and couldn't step away from work to process any during the day (it's been a very bad week at the office for everyone, read the vent thread if I get a moment to post about it.)

Keep in mind for those of you still waiting, you have less then 4 hours to submit your entry forms and get your FTP requests in. As long as you have submitted your entry into the system and have the 'Close FTP' button on your entry by midnight tonight you're good (less then 4 hours from this posting.) I will get through them as I can tonight. All FTP accounts will remain open unless you close them through the weekend, so that's 2 extra days to finish your entries if you're still a little behind.

Now back to piling through the accounts ^^()
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2013 Music Video Exposition (submissions closed

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:45 pm

The submission deadline has passed for entry forms and FTP accounts. Both systems should now be off. You can still request to re-upload a DQ'ed entry however.

I will begin going through all entries received today whose accounts are closed shortly.

Please keep in mind that FTP accounts will remain open until the final receipt deadline which is 11:59 PM (23:59) September 22nd. This is aprox 47 hours from this posting. Any entrants still uploading at that time will be allowed to continue however the account will be removed upon completion and no further attempts will be allowed. Once all FTP accounts are closed I will QC all received entries that have not already been QC'ed and a final notice will be sent out via email to all entrants who have DQ'ed entries or didn't pass the first round QC. Instructions for resubmission will be provided at that time.

I want to thank everyone who submitted and entry, even those who waited until the absolute last minute to submit. Good Luck!
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:35 am

The final bell as tolled! All FTP accounts have been closed and all entries have been processed. Emails have been sent out confirming entry status with instructions related to each status including the ability for re-submission if you fall into the category that allows for that.

I want to thank everyone again for submitting to this year's competition. Without your entries we would not be as fun and enjoyable a contest as we have been and will be. And yes, that even includes those of you who waited until literally the last minute to submit.

I look forward to watching every entry in the coming weeks during our judging sessions. Good luck!
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 am

You DQed #124?
But I spent so long making that :ying:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Can we get the contest added to the AMV contest calendar? Thanks ~
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:23 pm

I honestly thought I already did that. My bad. It should be up there now.

Now back to packing for AWA, including making sure I have all the awards from previous youmacon's that I know entrants will be there to give :D
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”