The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AWA

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:01 am

jingoro wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:Were there ever confirmations sent out for masters? Just curious.
I'm dragging my feet picking a winner. As I've told several people, I cannot send them without breaking the blind. :-(
Ah, I just figured you'd have someone else send those.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:21 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:
jingoro wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote:Were there ever confirmations sent out for masters? Just curious.
I'm dragging my feet picking a winner. As I've told several people, I cannot send them without breaking the blind. :-(
Ah, I just figured you'd have someone else send those.
I did ask, but he is even more busy than I am. From the number of requests, I doubt he's done any better than I.

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 am

I realized there's no real deadline on the final voting, as I've nothing to say on the matter until the awards show. ;-)

Thus I will leave it open until Wednesday... we have about 10 participants who have not voted yet.

Masters has been decided, I will send confirmations to all who entered this evening.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:46 am

jingoro wrote:I realized there's no real deadline on the final voting, as I've nothing to say on the matter until the awards show. ;-)

Thus I will leave it open until Wednesday... we have about 10 participants who have not voted yet.

Masters has been decided, I will send confirmations to all who entered this evening.
I was just wondering when you were gonna give the all clear to for everyone to reveal who made the finalists. I assume when you say "until Wednesday" the same time applies as the other deadlines (7:59am EST AKA Midnight on Baker Island Time)

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until Thursday to figure out who made Boxxed. Was so sure it was Koop, right up until he told me he didn't enter this year.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:08 pm

SailorDeath wrote:I was just wondering when you were gonna give the all clear to for everyone to reveal who made the finalists. I assume when you say "until Wednesday" the same time applies as the other deadlines (7:59am EST AKA Midnight on Baker Island Time)
[original post deleted]

Yes, fine, whatever. 7:59AM EDT Thursday Midnight, Baker Island Time.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:37 pm

jingoro wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:I was just wondering when you were gonna give the all clear to for everyone to reveal who made the finalists. I assume when you say "until Wednesday" the same time applies as the other deadlines (7:59am EST AKA Midnight on Baker Island Time)
[original post deleted]

Yes, fine, whatever. 7:59AM EDT Thursday Midnight, Baker Island Time.
No clue what the original post was but sorry fer being a pain in the butt.

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:29 am

SailorDeath wrote:No clue what the original post was but sorry fer being a pain in the butt.
It was a mild rant about breaking blind, however it was out of place, your request was fair enough and I had no right to bemoan other things on your post.

I'm sorry for my snippy attitude. It wasn't a good day.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:01 am

jingoro wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:No clue what the original post was but sorry fer being a pain in the butt.
It was a mild rant about breaking blind, however it was out of place, your request was fair enough and I had no right to bemoan other things on your post.

I'm sorry for my snippy attitude. It wasn't a good day.

Don't worry about it, the reason I asked is cause I don't wanna break blind before the voting is done. Cause I do believe we should not try and pander for votes that way. Though in my case I think people knowing which video I made while voting is active would actually hurt my chances.

"That's Sailor Death's video? FUCK THAT GUY!"

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 am

SailorDeath wrote:"That's Sailor Death's video? FUCK THAT GUY!"
lol ... actually what was bothering me was the people who revealed after nominations (since they were "out of the running" I suppose), but it's a discussion for another day.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 am

SailorDeath wrote: Don't worry about it, the reason I asked is cause I don't wanna break blind before the voting is done. Cause I do believe we should not try and pander for votes that way. Though in my case I think people knowing which video I made while voting is active would actually hurt my chances.

"That's Sailor Death's video? FUCK THAT GUY!"
You got that right! lol but people would say about my video "who the heck is Maboroshi Studio?"

Return to “AMV Contests”