The AWA 2013 Video Review Thread -- Final Voting RIGHT NOW!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
SailorDeath
Org Profile

Re: The AWA 2013 Video Review Thread -- Final Voting RIGHT N

Post by SailorDeath » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Welcome to Who's AMV is it Anyway where those of us who's crappy videos weren't good enough to make it into voting out themselves for some shameless self-pity.

Remember the rules, don't talk about a video that is in final voting. Those videos still need to be blind so we don't have any playing favorites. Now as your host I'll start us off on the self-wallowing and knuckle thumping over their video. First thing I want to point out is that I aborted the video known as #5. Yes, I know it was terrible. I started working on that deuce 9 hours before the deadline and finished it with 3 hours left to go. It was awful, every fiber of me wanted to stop making it but I didn't have a proper troll video so it needed to be done. I'm glad you all hated it because if it had won an award I'd have probably farted on stage when I received it. Now, if the name I had given it stayed people would have realized it was a troll video. When I submitted it, the title of the video wasn't O_O, it was ಠ_ಠ.

I guess the ascii-codes for whatever system they were on didn't like it (or they didn't know how to recreate the ascii art) Honestly, if people saw ಠ_ಠ instead of O_O they'd probably realize it was gonna be an awful video from the start. My only wish is that when the abomination is played at AWA they use the correct ascii-codes for the video title. Oh and I forgot to include a Doctor Who reference this time around.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Congrats to all who made the cut... honestly that is all I wanted to do this year and 1 of my videos made it in so I don't suck totally in my old age.

My video that didn't make the cut was the Space Pirate Captain Harlock video, but I was glad to see most people enjoyed it here. It was a pain since I made it completely from HD trailers available online, but I was able to squeeze enough footage out. There were some parts tho where either the original clip was SD or just not enough footage where I had to slow it down / filter big time.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:52 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:My video that didn't make the cut was the Space Pirate Captain Harlock video, but I was glad to see most people enjoyed it here. It was a pain since I made it completely from HD trailers available online, but I was able to squeeze enough footage out. There were some parts tho where either the original clip was SD or just not enough footage where I had to slow it down / filter big time.
That was a really good video, and hearing that you did it with just trailers is simply amazing!
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:44 pm

SailorDeath wrote:Clive Anderson made #135
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP-jJTqbwXI

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:53 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote: My video that didn't make the cut was the Space Pirate Captain Harlock video, but I was glad to see most people enjoyed it here.
It's a shame that one didn't make finals in any of the categories, it was among the best videos in the contest.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Warlike Swans wrote:
MaboroshiStudio wrote: My video that didn't make the cut was the Space Pirate Captain Harlock video, but I was glad to see most people enjoyed it here.
It's a shame that one didn't make finals in any of the categories, it was among the best videos in the contest.
See Joe, no one remembers that show (less a few), Most of the younger editors probably thought it was too old to qualify :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:25 pm

I did 74. Parody of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMcBwbZbKM

The thing I find hilarious is that I was so afraid everyone would immediately know which video was mine because I did the same exact thing 2 years in a row. Judging from the comments, though, I apparently picked too obscure of a video to parody ( It only has a quarter of a million views on youtube across all the re-uploads of it ).

For the sake of voting, though, could anyone point me to the basis for the other parodies? I got the fairly obvious Card Captors one and the trailer for Mama but the other two were lost on me.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Basically the contest comes down to how many awards Salmon Dance can walk away with. Then how many Boxxed can walk away with. Then the rest can pick up the scraps.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

The AWA 2013 Video Review Thread -- Final Voting RIGHT NOW!

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:09 pm

I really wanna see these vids now. So angry I didn't have time to edit between computer issues and moving.
ImageImageImageImage

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Warlike Swans wrote:
See Joe, no one remembers that show (less a few), Most of the younger editors probably thought it was too old to qualify :P

Vlad
true... but this movie is why I started editing again really. AWA was approaching and I couldn't decide if I was actually going to live up to my words... then the Harlock trailer hit and then they released the opening 10 minutes of the movie so I thought why not!

So are you telling me when I buy the Gatchaman Blu-Ray set and make something with it people will think what is this ghetto old power rangers crap?

Return to “AMV Contests”