Org Profile

Re: Makeup

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:57 am

kikai_saigono wrote:Here was something I was playing around with yesterday
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i.imgur.com/WVi9NA7.jpg
(the bottom one was a mess up)
This still counts as makeup... right?
That abso-fuckin'-lutely counts as makeup. Moar pics plz.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:01 pm

On Wednesday I'm going to let an aesthetician that I buy most of my makeup from help find a new eyeliner colour >_>

I've been using chocolate brown for four years and have complemented it with soft browns/neutral eyeshadows.

TIME FOR SOME CHANGE~

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:56 am

Surprised I haven't commented on this yet...
As far as what I like, natural beauty usually trumps tramps and trashy makeup face chicks. Then there are girls who will occasionally wear a small amount and still look insanely beautiful without it, that's what I like/support.

As far as cosplay goes, don't do it, but we need make-up for our movies and other visual entertainment too, so yeah, it is what it is.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 am

CastielTheFallen wrote:Surprised I haven't commented on this yet...
As far as what I like, natural beauty usually trumps tramps and trashy makeup face chicks. Then there are girls who will occasionally wear a small amount and still look insanely beautiful without it, that's what I like/support.

As far as cosplay goes, don't do it, but we need make-up for our movies and other visual entertainment too, so yeah, it is what it is.
that should read as *I* don't do it. I need to donate again and get my fucking edit button back...still think this should be a common feature on the forum donations or not.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:20 am

The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Otohiko wrote:

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i.imgur.com/8D77m0B.png
*slow clap*

Yeah, pretty much my life right there. I have really blonde eyelashes and eyebrows, so if I add any mascara or shade to them at all, it's like - BAM! - suddenly I have eyes! And everybody notices. And compliments. Then, of course, I get lots of compliments on how I have such smooth, even skin, when I feel like I'm wearing a really obvious layer of foundation and I don't understand how they don't see that.

I have sort of a love/hate relationship with makeup in recent years. On one hand, it's nice to get sweet comments from people, but on the other hand, I know that I only get those comments when I'm wearing a fake face. I don't get them when I'm not wearing makeup. I guess that means I'm not one of the "natural beauties," huh.

Speaking of which, Cas, you said what your opinion was on natural beauty and girls who are pretty with or without makeup, but you didn't say anything about ugly chicks. Snarkiness aside, I am genuinely curious what you think about unattractive people and makeup.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:20 pm

As far as unattractive goes there is no such thing as a woman who is unattractive except maybe Chewbacca's wife, but even then, I think Chewbacca is a cuddly bear. If you ever heard of the expression or phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder', well then you would understand that everyone has some sense of what beauty is to them. As I have mentioned before, all women are attractive. The most beautiful ones are the ones with a golden heart, soul, and spirit. You really can see those people shine through, whether it is in their eyes...i mean seriously they radiate beauty and no these people do not need makeup.

-------

There is this stereotype thing going on with makeup when it comes to guys, that I have heard and seen through some type of media whether its through youtube, facebook, music, etc. The stereotype is that men have no idea about makeup because to them a full face of makeup is the real person's face. There is this girl show i watched where this woman commented that men think that Kim Kardashian's face is gorgeous when in fact, she has piles and piles of makeup done on her. To men, this is natural beauty/the real person's face when in fact its not. She also commented that a man has no freakin clue about the difference between eyeliner and mascara, or even the slightest clue about foundation or serum or eye cream. Do men even know what a spoolie brush is? And they went further on to say that a man needs to love you for the no make up face no matter how sick you look like.

I am curious though...do men have an idea about makeup? Do you guys know what a spoolie brush is and the correct serum to use for the eyes and know what type of night look is appropriate as well a day look? Do you guys know the difference between matte foundation and regular foundation and what type of brush to use to avoid a cake face? Do you guys know what a cake face is? (and no its not a face with chocolate cake or whatever cake)

Ambiati
Org Profile

Post by Ambiati » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Of course guys today KNOW what makeup is. There are guys here in Asia who wear makeup.
There are visual kei artists who do.
For example, this guy, Mana, takes his time with it (2-3 hours) and probably does a better job than I ever could:

Other than this, I don't really like makeup. Well, too much of it anyway. XD

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 pm

I would hope men know what makeup is. But do they know everything there is to know about makeup? Like the different kinds of foundation, serums, correctors, etc? Do they know what brush is used for creams? How about a spoolie brush? How about knowing how to avoid cake face?

Return to “General Discussion”