This is the script I've been using for over a year with no problems:
Now I'm getting a crap ton of artifacts or basically the screen is greyed out. I tried it out with two different videos just to make sure it wasn't due to the video I was using. I also tried running it without the colorspace and it was still the same.
Since it was impossible to convert like this I tried using Directshowsource instead, and I removed the colorspace in the script as well since apparently directshowsource doesn't handle that? (I really have no idea) The video ended up upside down in Vdub with the subtitles still there (normally the subtitles are removed from the get-go without me having to do anything).
I also have no idea how to fix that so I'm stumped. I normally convert to lossless lagarith but I don't mind converting to another codec as long as it's relatively quick and problem-free. The majority of anime I have is 10-bit as well so I'd like to use something that converts that to 8-bit.
Codecs and things that I've downloaded:
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 10.0.0 (not sure if CCCP is better, if it is let me know and I'll download that instead)
UT Video codec
Quicktime (not sure if this is important but I'm throwing it out there)
I downloaded ffdshow again after having the grey screen in Vdub