Animefest 2013

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Brakus
Org Profile

Re: Animefest 2013

Post by Brakus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:57 pm

MikeWilliams wrote:Brakus,

I know that you've gotten this reaction before with The Hero You're Dreaming Of, but the audience mostly figured you were aiming for comedy. Enough Boys Love material flies off the shelves in the dealer's room that I know that there's an audience for it at Animefest, but if that audience was at the viewing, it was lost in the reactions by the folks who thought you were strictly making a parody video.
Funny that. Two of my wonderful friends at my local anime club were laughing and having a good time, and the rest thought it was a nice, sentimental, overly bro-mantic video. Glad to know the fujoshi in the audience loved it. :)

I knew I was going to get one of two reactions - squees of laughter mostly from fujoshi, and/or heartwarming "awww" from the crowd. At least I'm not getting complaints that it was in the wrong category like "Love is Flowers" did at Otakon many years ago. :) Again, I'm glad to know that at least the fujoshi got a big kick out of it. :)

(See updated thoughts below.)
Last edited by Brakus on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

EllipseIris
Org Profile

Post by EllipseIris » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:04 am

congrats everyone! :up: :amv:

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:25 pm

After giving it much thought, I've changed my mind about what I thought about the crowd's reaction - it's still pretty sad when a video featuring a same-sex couple set to a song typically set for opposite-sex couples gets laughs for the wrong reasons. If people thought I was making a parody of DWChang's Escaflowne video, then they completely missed the whole point of my video.

I knew I would get some loud and raucous laughs from the fujoshi. I didn't mean to get laughs from people that make fun of the pairing because they think there's no way in hell a same-sex couple could ever make sense even in the 22nd century (where this show is set). It really is a shame.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Return to “AMV Contests”