Bleach (manga)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Bleach (manga)

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:40 pm

ANN wrote:Ichigo Kurosaki has always been able to see ghosts, but this ability doesn't change his life nearly as much as his close encounter with Rukia Kuchiki, a Soul Reaper and member of the mysterious Soul Society. While fighting a Hollow, an evil spirit that preys on humans who display psychic energy, Rukia attempts to lend Ichigo some of her powers so that he can save his family; but much to her surprise, Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Now a full-fledged Soul Reaper himself, Ichigo quickly learns that the world he inhabits is one full of dangerous spirits and, along with Rukia—who is slowly regaining her powers—it's Ichigo's job to protect the innocent from Hollows and help the spirits themselves find peace.
This thread is for discussing the manga. To discuss the anime, use this thread instead.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Bleach (manga)

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:43 pm

While the anime was going on I was getting bored and hoping the series would end soon, but now that the anime is over I REALLY want them to continue it, just so we can see the yamamoto fight, most badass scene in the whole manga (only possible exception being Ichigo going full hollow).

Interestingly enough this last arc is one of the most interesting, just because of all the backstory questions that are being answered. I was worried after the fullbring arc but this series is definitely going strong right now.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:10 pm

I never did finish the anime for this show (stopped around episode 200ish I think) but I still (try to) read the manga weekly. :up:

Anyway latest chapter-
Can't believe I didn't notice that comparison when he first appeared. I even thought he looked familiar. It's so obvious I feel kinda stupid until the swordsmith (forgot his name xD) pointed it out. :facepalm:

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:55 pm

AimoAio wrote:I never did finish the anime for this show (stopped around episode 200ish I think) but I still (try to) read the manga weekly. :up:

Anyway latest chapter-
Can't believe I didn't notice that comparison when he first appeared. I even thought he looked familiar. It's so obvious I feel kinda stupid until the swordsmith (forgot his name xD) pointed it out. :facepalm:
not your fault, he hasn't shown up in a while, probably on purpose so people wouldn't instantly recognize the resemblance. Soo excited to see what his new sword ends up like, although it's hard to imagine it will be much different at this point

update: ok, I take it back, after this week's chapter his sword may end up completely different, why are the chapters so damn short

and how far ahead has the author been thinking all of this, did he really have the whole story planned out when he started bleach all those years ago?

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Christ, could Ichigo get anymore stronger than this? I feel like with every arc, he gets a new power-up and even then, this is like a fraction of his true power according to the latest chapter.
Jasta85 wrote:and how far ahead has the author been thinking all of this, did he really have the whole story planned out when he started bleach all those years ago?
I wonder...well if he didn't, I gotta say I'm impressed at how he managed to pull this out without adding anymore plot holes to the story. Though tbh, I do think he planned most of it cause for starters, it'll explain why Isshin didn't save Ichigo's mother at that time when they were attacked by the hollow despite him being a shinigami.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:30 am

so, any reactions to Ichigo's new swords? I wonder if they will completely change his abilities, or if his bankai will basically be the same just even more powerful. personally I think he'll have his old abilities but have some new ones added in order to show his acceptance of both sides of his power.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Wow! The latest chapter gots me excited
ImageImage

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 am

this is it. The last major fighting scene until the end of the entire franchise. I hope this fight doesn't last as long as the 'fight above the city' one with Aizen :/

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”