Sync to lyrics

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Sync to lyrics

Post by blaksun » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:09 am

I been told that sync to the lyrics is bad (a ruge mistake) i wot like to know way this is cos, i love it ween i see it in amv
but i don´t don´t it is, if good edit say it is bad it is but i wot still like to know way ? :ying:
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: Sync to lyrics

Post by Eake4 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:17 am

There is nothing wrong with lyric syncing though frankly I personally believe that they are only good when used well.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:21 am

Normally, lyric sync is a natural thing to do, but doing it just for the sake of doing it (and moreover, doing literal lyric sync) can mean the video just gets confusing. For a comedy video, this isn't a big deal or may be exactly how it should be done, since comedy videos tend to rely very heavily on the lyrics of the song. For a drama video, though, you'd probably need to get creative to make sure you can carry the video's plot while still making sure the lyrics make sense to what you're showing (or don't appear stilted). So with those it's more about give and take.

The tl;dr version: lyric sync is an art and takes an understanding of nuance and of what kind of video you're making.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Are we talking about lyric syncing (syncing your edits to the lyrics rather than the music itself) or lyric matching (matching scenes to what it being said in the lyrics)?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:42 pm

I assumed the latter... Vocals are kinda instruments too, so there's no real distinction there.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Pwolf wrote:Are we talking about lyric syncing (syncing your edits to the lyrics rather than the music itself) or lyric matching (matching scenes to what it being said in the lyrics)?
i wot say bout (syncing your edits to the lyrics and matching scenes to what it being said in the lyrics)
if that make sens

but the thing i been told is bad, is syncing your edits to the lyrics
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

Pic4
needs more cowbells
Org Profile

Post by Pic4 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:34 pm

It's difficult to have a good flow with lyric synch but it's not bad if you manage it ... I personally don't like videos which ignore lyrics. But it depends on what you want to do.
Easily driven

theDarkSite
Org Profile

Post by theDarkSite » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:45 pm

For me lyrics sync is one of the best things in a drama/romance AMV. I always try to search for a song whose lyrics can match the anime for my video. If it is possible, the result can be fantastic. It is not obligatory though, if you can combine the song and the scenes together without the need of lyric sync. It is up to the creator.
PSYence Series in progress... loading...

The eyes are limited in what they can perceive,
whereas the mind is limitless and unfathomable...

Return to “General AMV”