Vegas, frames and masks

Centurione
Org Profile

Vegas, frames and masks

Post by Centurione » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:11 am

THE PROBLEM

So basically I've been having this problem in Vegas since I started masking but later I was just working on separate images rather than frames but it starts to piss me off when I'm about to mask like everything.

It sometimes happens that what is shown in the pan/crop doesn't fit what shows in the preview and later in the video. Like, the mask from the previous frame isn't showing there but on the next frame, where there is a new mask and the next frame is alright. So while I have 3 frames masked in pan/crop, in the video first frame doesn't have the mask, second frame has the mask from the first one, and third has the right one it should have.
What's weird, I have 3 scenes from the same video file - all of them masked. Two have this problem, one doesn't. I disabled resample on them and I checked if the frame rate in the project and the video file are the same.

Sorry if this has been asked before, didn't even know how to look for it.
Any suggestions?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Vegas, frames and masks

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:57 am

All your footage and your preview codec lossless?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:29 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by preview codec but well, everything I'm working on is lossless.

halex1316
Org Profile

Post by halex1316 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Ahh, I had this problem before. I noticed that it was when I messed up my project settings and they didn't match the source settings. I fixed it by moving the mask keyframe to the frame before or after and checked whether it fixed the problem. Took about an hour of troubleshooting my keyframes to fix the problem :( Hopefully this helps.

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:38 pm

check and see if your project framerate is the same as your source's framerate.

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Vegas does this. It's not a matter of frame rates not matching, its a matter of Vegas being dumb. It happens more with clips that have a time adjustment, but happens often enough with clips at their native speed.

The way I solve it is i cut the clip before each unmatched key frame, go to the pan/crop for the unmatched frame, and remove the key frame before the the proper one. If i have a fade, i cut up each frame individually and create the fade manually through opacity.

Never figured out a real way to fix the problem properly, just work around it.

Return to “Video Editing Software”