Fall 2013 Anime List (with PVs)

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Fall 2013 Anime List (with PVs)

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:57 pm

It's that time again!

Chart: http://anichart.net/fall
PVs: http://neregate.com/blog/2013/08/18/fal ... tv-series/

Summer was the season of slice of life, and this seems to be the season of action! Lots of sequels for many different genres, promising originals, and a handful of popular adaptations.

My "will watch" list:
Kyoukai no Kanata - KyoAni doing a full on supernatural anime? YES YES YES. I saw the PV for the light novel a while back and I wished to god that there was going to be an anime adaptation and it happened. The anime PV showed some bits of SoL which is fine. You really can't separate KyoAni and that genre, they just do it too well. Needless to say I'M PUMPED! :up:
Galilei Donna - I've noticed a trend since I started watching airing anime that I tend to love all the noitamina slot series, so I'm going to stick to my guns and say this one isn't going to disappoint either.
Samurai Flamenco - Pretty much the same reasons as Galilei Donna. The director was also involved with a ton of great anime across different genres so I'm looking forward to it.
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - Oh yes. While the original TV series was subpar, I looooooooooooved the OVAs. The animation was just 10 steps up from the TV series, it was great. The studio that's doing this is also the ones that did those OVAs, so I am very much watching this. Also btw, the entire PV is taken from clips in the OVAs. Not sure why they would do that but whatever. I'd love to see some new footage to get hype :D
Magi S2 - Granted I only skimmed through S1 because I read the manga, the PV for S2 showed one of my favorite scenes in the manga so far so I'm pumped to see more of that.
Coppelion - Another one from the studio that did K and Mardock Scramble. The plot seems interesting enough and the PV looks great so I'm in for the most part.
Golden Time - An adaptation from the same author of Toradora. The art style looks very different from Toradora but it still looks great. I'm definitely pumped for this.
Nagi no Asukara - School in the ocean? That's new. The PV looks gorgeous and with all the action this season I need a little SoL to balance it all out, so this seems like the perfect candidate.
Diamond no Ace - I kinda want to give a baseball series a try, and considering this is a collab between two great studios, I'll check it out for sure.
Log Horizon - Dual sword-wielding cat? I am in.
Non Non Biyori - Tagged as seinen, which interests me. I always love a good SoL as well so I'll be giving this a try.
Yowamushi Pedal - Why the hell not. Another sports anime that looks interesting, and it's biking too!
Kill La Kill - Trigger's TV debut! While I loved Little Witch Academia, the art style for this looks much different, and I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing. But I have faith that it'll be great, or not. Either way I'm watching it. xD
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu OVA - Well this is a pleasant surprise. I read a few chapters of the manga a few months ago and I thought it was pretty hilarious. Definitely going to watch this.

My "might watch" list:
Gingitsune - I've never heard of this studio before so I'm not sure how it'll be, but if it has vibes similar to Mushi-shi and Natsume Yuujinchou then I'm all in.
Pupa - After seeing the fall chart I decided to read the manga because it looked interesting, but I tend to not like Deen all that much. The whole brother/sister thing is weird, but the intensity of the relationships with the different characters is nice and it gets reeeeeeeeal dark too which is always a plus. If animated right it'll be really cool. Fingers crossed.
Arpeggio - Man, I really want to watch this, but I really dislike when a show is animated entirely in CG. In their defense however, I watched a few bits of Re:CYBORG and the animation was GREAT. but I just don't think I can stand it in a TV series. I'll still try it but ehhhh.... :cry:
Tokyo Ravens - The premise doesn't sound too alluring, but the animation in the PV looked nice, and this is the same director that did Zombie Desu ka so it can't be bad, right? :uhoh:
Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai - The PV looks really good. I'm actually surprised seeing as this is the same studio that did Danganronpa. Definitely going to give this a try, but I'm not sold on the plot in the description.
Blazblue: Alter Memory - I'm gonna check this out purely off the hype. I've never played the games but I've heard good things about them.
Yuusha ni Narenakatta - Damn, the whole Demon Lord/Hero thing is really popular nowadays isn't it? This is really low on my expectations list, but I love magic and this takes place in a magic shop so I might give it a go if I don't get my magical fix this season.

What is everyone else excited for? ANIME HYPE LET's GO! :bzz: :bzz2: :sorcerer: |:>

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Re: Fall 2013 Anime List (with PVs)

Post by Animated » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:08 pm

Bah, no anime for me at all - once again. All I ever see is lame anime with cute/magical girls, harem stuff, slice of life stuff... I will just wait for the next Evangelion or for a really revolutionary, groundbreaking anime (unlike Attack on Titan or Sword Art Online...)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:25 am

New Ippo looks good, been waiting for a continuation both for my enjoyment and also for more HD Ippo footage for future AMVs :D

Harlock movie has me somewhat hype, gonna need to find a copy sometime.

New Lupin special is welcome, I always love more Lupin.

Still angry I have to wait till Winter for Sailor Moon....
ImageImageImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 am

Must see's:
Hajime no Ippo: One of my favorite, and the longest, mangas I've ever read. loved the previous anime series, can't wait for this one. Madhouse always has top quality animation so I expect some amazing fights.
Magi season 2: first season was good, 2nd season has the potential to be even better so long as it sticks to the manga which the first season did.
Kuroko no Basket 2: LOVED the first series, and just barely managed to hold off reading the manga while hoping for a second season, my patience has been rewarded
Space Pirate Captain Harlock: This is the biggest budget CG movie we've seen for a while, just check out the trailer. furthermore the English dub actually sounds pretty badass (at least harlock does), going to check out both

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vdw0If6Zzg

Interested in:
Freezing: Ok, so yes it's tons of boobs but the manga is actually pretty good, and I'm hoping we actually get far enough in the 2nd season to see chiffon, cause her badass factor is through the roof.
Infinite Stratos 2: First series had a horrible ending that literally made be cringe, and I can't stand the main character. But the action scenes were pretty good so i'll check out season 2.

other than that I'm not familiar with the other series, some of them look good but nothing i'm really hyped for in particular.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:20 am

Matsumoto has always been big on using newer technology so seeing this is a full CG movie I'm quite happy. I'm also now unable to wait for the release of the movie.
ImageImageImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Kill La Kill = Anime of the Seasons tier. Trigger doing what it's good at (keep in mind it's pretty much going to be the TTGL staff on it). Must watch.
Galilei Donna = could work.
Samurai Flamenco = looked gay in the beginning, but tokusatsu is good with me. Lesse.
Pupa = not my thing, but could be good. Although, >>>DEEN. Eeh... it's a gamble.
Nagi no Asukara = <3 Buriki and PA is a fine studio. I guess it might not suck.
Kyousogiga = dem animations, man.

There are other potentially good things too, but :eff: listing everything.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Kill la kill will be the awesome anime next season.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:45 pm

oh damn I didn't realize they did little witch academy, really loved that and was hoping they would turn it into a series, well, kill la kill just moved up my list of priorities, will definitely check it out.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:09 pm

1st tier:
Infinite Stratos 2
Freezing Vibration
Code Geass: Akito the Exiled 2
Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin

2nd tier:
Kyoukai no Kanata
Yuusha ni Nakenakatta
Unbreakable Machine-Doll (because I've been too lazy to check out the manga)
Kill La Kill (Trigger)

Last tier:
Tokyo Ravens
Walkure Romanze
Strike the Blood

Not really counting the various movies and OVAs related to series I already watched. I kind of want to take it easy this season, hence why the 1st tier is only comprised of second seasons and specials.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Dreamertk
Org Profile

Post by Dreamertk » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:45 am

Nothing really stands out to me. I usually end up waiting one or two seasons and then mulling them over when they're finished airing. Actually seeing AMV's for Magi completely turned me off to the show for some odd reason.

But all of my love for Captain Harlock. He is a gentleman and a scholar.

Return to “General Anime”