Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:17 am

ANN wrote:The story revolves around William, an aristocratic family's progeny with rare intellect. One day, his uncle lost his possessions after his business failed. Fearing that his family's name has been tarnished, William returns home and searches with his family's butler for anything that can be converted into cash. A search of the premises yields an underground room left by an ancestor. In the room is a magical seal, and William unintentionally summons a devil. The summoned devil tells William his name Dantalion, and reveals that William is the designator who can choose the acting ruler of the demon world.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Maybe.

Kind of a mixed bag of stuff here. Some of it was fun, some of it not so much. Pretty character designs, some good animation, interesting "politics" behind hell and demons, but a lot of cliches otherwise. I didn't like how it's again heading towards "secret mystical dudes in elite bishounen academy" at the end of the first episode.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:11 pm

This is pretty interesting in a way that I like

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 am

and this just ends, I want another season