Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Post by Otohiko » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:08 am

This continues to be fascinating, loving the world-building and the relative unpredictability of how things have been going so far. With some of the recent revelations, it's also more and more apparent that there's far more out there than just living and dead people and gravekeepers.
Spoiler :
And a really interesting dilemma for Ai - if you think about it, what The Princess does is more or less the same but opposite of a gravekeeper - she kills people who can't live in the outside world so that they can find peace in the city, whereas gravekeepers "kill" the dead so that they can find peace in the afterlife or something. It seems that Ai's mother, by protecting a whole village of dead people, had more or less come around to the same conclusion, too.

And I can't wait to find out more about the lion dude. He seems pretty cool :D
Huge :up: to this series so far. Really hasn't disappointed, especially after it proved in ep3 that it's not afraid to pull some pretty extreme turns. But more than anything, it's really all about the world so far, and it hasn't let down in making it interesting. And where else does art seamlessly go between loli moe, faux-Western, dieselpunk (Yuri and his van and rifle are certainly reminiscent of that) and renaissance Venice? :o Such a gorgeous-looking series, even with the clunky CG here and there.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:52 am

Did.....did Scar just steal a baby?

I'd imagine having a completely random woman just walk up to what looks to be a sacred ground, hold a baby twin princess who looks to be magical, and literally say "THIS IS MINE" and waltz right out with it isn't something you just let happen. Like WHERE THE HELL ARE THE GUARDS AND STUFF. JEEZ. But other than that it was an okay episode. That scene in the beginning was mega cool.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:22 am

Show continues to be really good. The bath scene was just plain pointless though :(
ImageImage

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:47 am

These episodes are so damn good!!!
Spoiler :
Wow when he shot the bullets I was like "Whoa a badass!". lol

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Kisagi wrote:These episodes are so damn good!!!
Spoiler :
Wow when he shot the bullets I was like "Whoa a badass!". lol
Oh my Gawd! That was my exact same reaction.

and on another note.....WTF Scar!
Spoiler :
you steal a baby and then abandon it!

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:30 am

Episode 10
Spoiler :
Wow, as soon as he said that he has an enemy in that world the first person that came to mind was Dee and it turns out that I was correct. I think one reason why she was a ghost in the original world was because she actually wanted to stay in the other world and she kind of didn't. By the time she said to Ai "It's soo great that you want to stay forever" (I think it's what she said) made me think. Was it she who created that world?

So far my conclusions has been coming out correct, but I wonder. Why did she create that world in the first place (If it was her)? Was it because she doesn't like to see people die? leave her friends? or etc...

Next episode seems really interesting. I guess I have to see the next episode if I want to find out more :D .

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:13 am

Kisagi wrote:Episode 10
Spoiler :
Wow, as soon as he said that he has an enemy in that world the first person that came to mind was Dee and it turns out that I was correct.
Same, I guessed it :D

Yeah, I'm curious as well where this will go. I think I have an idea, but I'll shut up about it for now :P

After this episode, I've also finally realized that this show isn't really a linear story with a clear start-to-finish plot, but more of a series of 2-3 episode world-building and character sketches. Makes the pacing a bit wacky, but I've also found that really cool actually. It's kept it really unpredictable, and I love the world/character stuff. I hope there is more of it after this season - feels like I'm only getting to know this world just a little bit from this 10 eps, and there's far, far more to it than this.

Also, the "family" thing, especially that one couple, gets increasingly more adorable with each episode :)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:15 am

Episode 12 Spoiler ahead:
Spoiler :
Wow who would have known that it was Alis the one who truly died. That is just surprising and how he just remembered it was just him. lol, I laughed when he said that she just had to save him.
Nuu!!! Why end without a resolve!

[MOD258: Spoiler fixed.]

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 am

What a show <3 Don't think that ending was necessery, but okay. I'll take it
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:39 pm

ibabrak wrote:What a show <3 Don't think that ending was necessery, but okay. I'll take it
I feel so trolled by that ending. THE TEARS THEY CHEATED FROM ME. GIVE THEM BACK! D<

Though well that being said, I still enjoyed the series as a whole. The story was long lost on me but the backgrounds and the atmospheric feel of the entire world/setting was fantastic. It's such a beautiful fantasy series and I'm so sad it's finished. ;__; Damn it.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”