General discussion of Anime Music Videos
dakotasapphire
Org Profile

Is this a good combination?

Post by dakotasapphire » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Deadman Wonderland HD
with this version of Radioactive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEZ9fSeJuEw
I figured since Deadman wonderland is super violent and bloody, about prison and hardship it'd match this song. Especially since it's basically set in post apocalyptic tokyo (as in there isn't a tokyo anymore) and the songs about the apocalypse.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Is this a good combination?

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Your concept and execution are degrees of magnitude more important than any concern over how well your sources fit together at first glance. Try thinking on a higher level.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

AMVGuide
Showcasing AMVs since 2014
Org Profile

Post by AMVGuide » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:56 pm

Well, I'd say the fact that you came up with some kind of logical reasoning to think there may be fit between the two sources indicates that [yes] there probably is fit :P
Now, if there actually is fit in your *AMV* depends on the scenes you choose.

Although, I should probably mention that the song has been used quite a bit in AMVs. I find it's usually a good idea to check if someone else has done a good job covering the song first. And a quick search turned up this, which I'd say does a pretty good job. So personally, I'd pick a different song-- but don't let that discourage you if you really want to do it ;)

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Try thinking on a higher level.
I'm really not sure what you mean by that. Often, it makes more sense to fit music and anime first; then come up with a concept afterwards based solely on what you have. That way you don't have to hunt down footage that may not even exist just to satisfy a concept that you didn't know you could achieve in the first place.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:20 pm

AMVGuide wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Try thinking on a higher level.
I'm really not sure what you mean by that. Often, it makes more sense to fit music and anime first; then come up with a concept afterwards based solely on what you have. That way you don't have to hunt down footage that may not even exist just to satisfy a concept that you didn't know you could achieve in the first place.
I don't think an idea that early in formation is worth mentioning, tbh. It's like saying you have this great novel planned up and all you have is some character names and a setting picked out. You're so far from an actual idea, it all feels uninformative. You don't need a rough draft before opening your mouth, but feedback needs some plot points, or, science forbid, a rough outline.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. No, you don't need to come up with a concept, plot points, or even a rough outline first; or, creativity forbid, you just make it up as you go.

But in all seriousness, this looks like a classic "Chicken before the Egg Paradox" to me. I mean, where does a Concept even come from in the first place? Do You come up with the Concept? or does the Concept come to You?

For me, a concept is mostly borne of inspiration (mostly the anime and music); so if I fit my anime and music first, I can quite easily use that as my source of inspiration to come up with a concept afterwards. I find editing to be more fun that way; instead of boxing myself into a concept. I literally have the opportunity to just throw combinations together and just see what happens. Sure, it's a very hit-or-miss approach; but it has the potential to uncover connections that nobody would ever come up with intentionally within the confines of a goals-oriented approach. Have you ever just thrown a clip into the timeline, and it just fits? Ever created Unintentional Sync? Ever heard of Found Art? Some of the best art is simply found; where you look around you and see deeper meaning in things you never thought of before. And if we're talking about AMVs, connections between anime and music are always there-- you just need to find them. In this way, you have the potential to discover a better concept; one that not only can surprise the audience --but also yourself-- because it draws directly from the anime and music.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

dakotasapphire
Org Profile

Post by dakotasapphire » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with a different song. (Since I was really up against the fact that this song is used too much.) I thought that the other song did the anime way better justice. And btw radioactive is about the apocalypse and that is how the setting of deadman wonderland is. But, the other song was better.
Here check it out: v=193130[vidid]http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=193130[/vidid]

dakotasapphire
Org Profile

Post by dakotasapphire » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with a different song. (Since I was really up against the fact that this song is used too much.) I thought that the other song did the anime way better justice. And btw radioactive is about the apocalypse and that is how the setting of deadman wonderland is. But, the other song was better.
Here check it out:

Return to “General AMV”