Amv question and opinion

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Free4ngel
Org Profile

Amv question and opinion

Post by Free4ngel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Hello guys, I am new here. Found this website from a person on youtube. I recently started making amvs and i wanted to know more opinions on how to improve. It would mean the world to me if you could watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjEdKex8jSM and post me your Pros and Cons about it. Thanks :oops:

DazedTheory
Org Profile

Re: Amv question and opinion

Post by DazedTheory » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:24 am

It would really help to upload your AMV to the database. http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _step0.php

Alright first I'd would like to point out that you try and cut off the watermarks at the top of the video. Let's start with the placing of your clips, your video wasn't very organized. The clips look like they were just jumbled together instead of being connected with each other. You want to place your clips strategically in places where the music or mood changes. When your making an AMV with a fast paced song like this one you want to make sure you have good dynamics for those intense moments. You also want to sync your clips with the music as it picks up, drops, or has really fast beats. The effects were a bit overused at times and threw the clip off, it's best you use them at the correct moments. You also want to connect your clips to the story you're trying to tell. Throwing in some people being eaten and then people killing titans wasn't very effective and didn't contribute to that "Humans Strike Back" theme you were going for. If you keep at it and correct your mistakes, your bound to create something better next time.

Cheers :beer:
--------------------------
Profile Twitter Youtube

PSN - DazedFury

halex1316
Org Profile

Post by halex1316 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:32 am

To me, it seemed that the video was pretty jumbled. There wasn't really a flow or story to it, just random clips of giants getting killed? I haven't seen the anime, so I'm not sure what it's all about. The effects and sync were kind of lacking where they should have been used. You didn't seem to make use of flashes, hardcuts, etc on the beats, so many of the parts that could have been cool, were nothing special really. Emphasis on story and sync are very important when making an AMV. Hopefully this helps you recognize what you need to focus on more :)

Free4ngel
Org Profile

Post by Free4ngel » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:17 am

Thanks so much! I recently discovered flashes and now i will focus on the story more. I appreciate that!

alexmichur00
Org Profile

Post by alexmichur00 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Hey there, checked out your vid on the tubes.

First of all, let me say that just by posting here, you are already on the right track - getting opinions and advice from other editors is a great place to start! That said, I'm certainly no expert, but I'll still throw in my two cents:

Concept - having a solid concept is important. Whether it be something really deep, funny, or just straight up killing Titans, it's all good, as long as you stick to your concept.

Sync - sync is key to action videos. Good sync emphasizes the action when you want, and bad sync causes the video to drag. A great starting place for sync is the drumbeat. Songs that have a strong drumbeat (such as "Last Resort") are just begging to be synced up to that drum.

Scene selection - a crucial part of any good amv. Every single scene should have some thought put into it. Matching the lyrics can be nice, but is not essential. Matching the overall mood of the song is much more important.

Anyway, don't take me at my word, go watch some amv's! Here are some action videos that I recommend:
, , , and (had to throw one of my own in there :D ). Keep improving, and most importantly, have fun!

Free4ngel
Org Profile

Post by Free4ngel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks so much for understanding me as a novice and you have been of great help. Although i find it hard at the moment to find scenes to inspire only one thing i have tried to in my last amv: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mek507XkTC4. If this doesn't tell what i want it to tell, i don't know what to do...The thing is, i see what i want it to say, but other people don't see it. And this make me numb.

Return to “Works in Progress”