Missing a file

advent87
Org Profile

Missing a file

Post by advent87 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:06 am

When I tried to rip a DVD using DVD fab one of the vts files that is suppose to be a VOB file is instead an IFO or something similar to that (vts 1_0). How can I access it on digiidex or make it a VOB file?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Missing a file

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:14 am

That's rather odd...if that is the case you can always just change the the file extension after enabling them to be shown...

How to show or hide file extensions

That said, the file should be about 1GB if it is supposed to be the first VOB in the sequence, if it is not that size then it is unlikely that the file is actually supposed to be a VOB as having an IFO file in the directory is normal (it is an information file that goes along with the VOBs).
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

advent87
Org Profile

Post by advent87 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:37 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:That's rather odd...if that is the case you can always just change the the file extension after enabling them to be shown...

How to show or hide file extensions

That said, the file should be about 1GB if it is supposed to be the first VOB in the sequence, if it is not that size then it is unlikely that the file is actually supposed to be a VOB as having an IFO file in the directory is normal (it is an information file that goes along with the VOBs).
It isn't 1 gigabytes, however when I click on the first vts file its the second episode on the DVD. That means I am missing an episode from my rip. Why is that?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Hard to say without viewing the disc structure. Are you sure the episodes are not stored separately instead of as one large video?
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

advent87
Org Profile

Post by advent87 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:50 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:Hard to say without viewing the disc structure. Are you sure the episodes are not stored separately instead of as one large video?
All I know is that when I index vts 1 it is the second episode of the series.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”