The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Ileia » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:26 am

Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in awhile...

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:35 am

"Bradley!"
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Y'know, I don't get the obsession with certain co-workers running to management every time they think someone wronged them.

This is especially true in the area where I work, as we need a strong, functioning group that knows what they're doing without being told or taught. That being the case, why in the world would you try and get your good, reliable workers in trouble? Is it for the few minutes of self-gratifying "I told you so"? We all know how management works there. They side with the first person to cry "wolf," deliver punishment to someone - ANYONE - and in just a few strikes, you're fired. Getting your longtime co-worker in trouble is the same as trying to get them fired. Get them fired and you've just shot yourself in the foot, because staffing is perpetually below required levels, and if they do hire in someone new, the veterans all have to babysit that person for weeks, if not months, until they catch on to things and can be trusted to be left alone.

Yeah, there have been dozens of times when my peer associates have screwed me over, but these annoyances are acceptable in the grand scheme of things. No group is perfect, and we're all operating on inconsistent and hypocritical parameters laid out by our managers in the first place, so there are bound to be conflicts of interest and orders.

Seriously, shit happens. Learn to handle your crap without sobbing to Big Brother every two seconds.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 pm

For the first time since I got my driver's license, I officially have no car. Dropped off the rental and sent my old keys back to GEICO this afternoon. I'll have something to drive next week for my trip home, but for now I almost feel a little lost. In a strange turn of events, when I got home I found a letter telling me I got a ticket for parking without a permit... a couple hours after I reported it stolen. I would have expected the police to have noticed that ticket when I checked in on the car, but with any luck that means they'll be able to find the person who stole it easier.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:15 am

I started a new job yesterday, building cremation boxes. It's fun and all, but I just woke up in extreme pain, my hands and wrists are insanely sore. I'm used to working around and under the dashs of cars, I've never worked with wood before, and it shows. I hope I can get back to sleep and that it doesn't hurt this damn bad tomorrow. I can't believe just how painful it is.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:27 pm

No, you don't tell me you'll be discussing changes to your flyer next week and you immediately need it done by 5pm today. :x :x :x :x :down: :down: :down: :down:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Drove 30+ miles to go test drive a car only to realize that my drivers license expired last week -_- it was rather embarrassing and the drive home was very disappointing :\

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:53 am

voice messages that are the silence ones. Seriously people trying to freak me out and its not working

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Did my first interview ever as the actual interviewer for work today so we can hire someone under my department.

Went pretty disastrous on the interviewee's end as the person tried to act incredibly arrogant and is offering far less than what the job requirements are. :roll:

Sorry, no. :down:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm

ASTHMA!!!!
Also, this is the cause of it all. :<

I'ma just point out that I live in the south-western bit of Idaho. I will also point out that the wind here only goes in one direction, from the west to the east (in general).

No matter where the moon is in the sky, it has been orange for the last couple of weeks, due to all the smoke. My lungs feel like they are on fire, and there isn't much I can do about it... Indoors, outdoors, it doesn't matter.

Return to “General Discussion”