The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AWA

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:03 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:3 new videos? :shock: You are a machine!
I get that a lot :uhoh:
Spoiler :
i'll explain my madness. Pro entry #1 was finished a couple months ago for an MEP that is not finished. Pro entry #2 I planned for but couldn't start until after Anime Expo. and my Masters plan I actually started last year, but scrapped because of tech issues. Those issues have been fixed and I've been saving it for AWA because they allow non-anime animation :awesome:

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:15 pm

jingoro wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:Is there a page where we can check the status of our entries?
Sadly, no. While (I hope) the upload process has improved, it's still a very manual process to download and catalog everyone's submissions. I had grand plans for some integration (there's a programmatic API for accessing the data from those forms you fill out) I have not had the time to dedicate to it that I'd like (thanks partly, I'll admit, to Kerbal Space Program, but that's another story).

I will see about adding an "entries" web page to the official AWA site. Sadly, the volume we get means I'm not going to be able to acknowledge every entry personally, but if we encounter any problems we will be in touch to help fix things.

Actually what would help immensely is an auto-respond when someone clicks submit and the upload finishes. That way at least they know that data was sent and it's not sitting in limbo anywhere.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:22 pm

It's gonna be close if I get anything finished for Pro this year. The freshness rule is really hurting me since I have like 8 unfinished videos I used in previous online competitions that I could finish but instead I have to work on something new. Usually July/Aug is my best time for working on new stuff but between work, my PC issues, and packing/prepping for my move at the end of the month I've pretty much lost all interest in my current projects when I do have a moment to edit. Just can't get into the mood this year. Maybe I'll finish work on some of the other vids I got for Expo. We'll see.
ImageImageImageImage

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:31 pm

SailorDeath wrote:Actually what would help immensely is an auto-respond when someone clicks submit and the upload finishes. That way at least they know that data was sent and it's not sitting in limbo anywhere.
The way I understand it worked is, if the upload doesn't finish, you don't see the "thank you, your submission has been received" page. If you don't get there, then the form failed to submit. If you did... it should be waiting for me. ^_^

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:11 pm

jingoro wrote:The way I understand it worked is, if the upload doesn't finish, you don't see the "thank you, your submission has been received" page. If you don't get there, then the form failed to submit. If you did... it should be waiting for me. ^_^
I saw the "thank you" page both times I submitted.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Submitted 4 to expo...included CRC for your convenience :awesome:

Hopefully I get a masters and pro entry done...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:25 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Submitted 4 to expo...included CRC for your convenience :awesome:

Hopefully I get a masters and pro entry done...
weak! I'm submitting 6 to expo, at least one to pro (hopefully 2), and possibly a last minute masters vid.

blackbeme
Org Profile

Post by blackbeme » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:12 pm

/raises hand with questions.

I haven't finished reading all the rules yet but so far from what i understand is that the "pro" and "masters" are two separate categories? Can the same video be eligible for both?

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:08 pm

blackbeme wrote:/raises hand with questions.

I haven't finished reading all the rules yet but so far from what i understand is that the "pro" and "masters" are two separate categories? Can the same video be eligible for both?
i recommend finishing reading.

blackbeme
Org Profile

Post by blackbeme » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Yes, I found that one line I was looking for.
Humm, it's doubtful my newest project will be done before the 30th, in which case I may try for the Masters.

Return to “AMV Contests”