1:1 Blind Opinion Exchange

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Moonlessnight
Org Profile

1:1 Blind Opinion Exchange

Post by Moonlessnight » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello all. I am looking for some good AMVs to watch and hoping to scrounge up some opinions on my newest video. What I am offering is a blind review, meaning I will not look at any opinions left on my video for any given day until I have posted that day's reviews myself. So, feel free to be honest since what you say will in no way affect my opinion of your AMV. The reviews I offer will be full, detailed reviews. Not QC's.

I will watch any offered videos after work each night for however long this thread remains active, or two week's time, whichever comes first. I will try not to miss any nights, and will let you all know if my responses will be late at all (work and family must come first), but rest assured I will review every video posted in this thread.

My only rule is to please not submit any rap music videos. I don't particularly like that genre of music, but am open to almost anything else.

With that, let's open this exchange!

There is nothing like a moonless night to watch a few AMVs.

Moonlessnight
Org Profile

Re: 1:1 Blind Opinion Exchange

Post by Moonlessnight » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:17 am

No takers?

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:47 am

Moonlessnight wrote:No takers?
Just wait some more days :D Opinion Exchange threads are dead anyway nowadays...

...But in the meantime:

You seem like an editor who does a proper job with ops, so why not.

Moonlessnight
Org Profile

Post by Moonlessnight » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:00 am

Your op is up Animated. I shall just wander over to read the op left on my vid now.

EDIT after reading the op -- My knee-jerk reaction to the review just received is this: http://syacartoonist.com/reality-vs-online-feedback

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:50 pm

I just left an op for your video. In exchange, please op this video:

Thanks!

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Moonlessnight wrote:EDIT after reading the op -- My knee-jerk reaction to the review just received is this: http://syacartoonist.com/reality-vs-online-feedback
Well, all of my friends and siblings simply adored my video too... But when it comes to the internet, where you can find experienced judges and famous editors, things change. I, for one, have given a total of 61 opinions in over 5 years, and as I see your video is ranked no.59 on my list. It's not about my tastes, it's just many different things combined. Opinions may be subjective, but, having already seen thousands of AMVs, having won many awards and already been selected as a judge, I think I know soooomething more on this subject than the people around you :wink: (and I don't think I said your video sucks...)

Also, yes, that 2/10 I got in reviewability hurt me a little bit too. I'm not planning to watch again 3/4 of the videos I've seen in the past, but such a rating is deserved only for 320x240 hentai tentacle rape videos with subtitles and logos. As I said before, opinions are subjective, but that was a little bit harsh, don't you think?

Moonlessnight
Org Profile

Post by Moonlessnight » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Fizziks, your op is up. I will read the one you left momentarily. In the meantime....
I'm not planning to watch again 3/4 of the videos I've seen in the past, but such a rating is deserved only for 320x240 hentai tentacle rape videos with subtitles and logos. As I said before, opinions are subjective, but that was a little bit harsh, don't you think?
Apologies for stepping on the feelings there as that was not intended. I was simply being truthful as far as how much I would like to watch the video again. As I said in my opinion, it really isn't my cup of tea. Your video is decidedly not bad, the theme just doesn't sit well with me. I guarantee my philosopher brother would love it though. I am sure he could pose a great debate about the "tendency for mankind to spiral into wasting wallows of entropy, inching always towards chaos", and wax philosophical on how it only makes "the good inherent in all shine all the brighter". (Yes, he does talk like that. He is a stickler for old speech-styles and debates of higher reasoning.)

And, yes. I do know you didn't say my video sucks. That cartoon was meant as a gag, and was in no way intended to offend. I simply thought it portrayed quite well the feeling one has reading opinions (filled with harsh truths) on things they worked hard on, even when they themselves asked for the opinion. No hard feelings?

halex1316
Org Profile

Post by halex1316 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Left your opinion. Lots of hard work!

Moonlessnight
Org Profile

Post by Moonlessnight » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Your op is up, halex1316. Great job for a third edit! I look forward to seeing what you can do in the future. Now, off I go to read the op you left me.

halex1316
Org Profile

Post by halex1316 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Because of the length of your video, I tried to give pointers on each part that I noticed :) Hopefully it's not too confusing.

Return to “Works in Progress”