Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:16 am

MangaUpdates wrote:God abandoned the world on Sunday. As a result, nobody in the world can die or reproduce. A little girl, Ai, is the gravekeeper for a village. She has prepared 47 graves for the eventual deaths of every member of the village. Later, a boy who identifies himself as Hampnie Hambart, the Man-eating Toy, which is coincidentally the name that Ai's mother left behind as the name of her father, arrives in the village and slaughters everybody. Just what is going on?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes.

I dunno how I feel about gravekeeper loli yet, but everything else about the first episode of this was really cool. The premise got me from the get-go, the world is really interesting, a few really BIG questions got dropped very quickly, and the quasi-western style and slick animation definitely have my attention. Will continue for sure.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Madhouse never fails in the animation department. Everything is just so gorgeous :shock:

Episode 3: Jesus, that escalated quickly. Such a beautiful end, though I didn't expect any of this to happen so soon. :cry: I can't imagine how the show is gonna pan out from here, all I know is that I'm ready for more of these epic action scenes! :ying: And Scar is a certified badass, she better not be going anywhere anytime soon.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Jesus, episode 3's ending was a total tear-jerker. It didn't quite register at first but when I rewatched it, I didn't even realize the waterworks had started. :| FS.
Spoiler :
"Please stay with me forever. " Those were words I just couldn't say.
Fack, that line totally killed me. Granted, I think they could have expanded on the episode a little more, maybe a slower pacing since everything felt a little quick and forced. I mean for a start those villains were out the picture pretty quickly. But it was a really touching episode nonetheless. T____T GOD, MY FEELS. :cry:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:56 pm

I wasn't completely on board with this show yet, but episode 3 sold it for me.
Spoiler :
When he came back as a deceased, I was like "oh, they did a cop out huh". But then they went for the even sadder ending of her having to bury him. FUCK! I kinda wish they had just did a cop out like every other anime. I had just started to like him :cry:

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:07 am

Well, the show just lost its most interesting character. I hope they will make up for it.
Other than that this show is amazing so far. I am seriously unsure of how they wanna go on, but to be honest even if they fuck it up I will be satisfied as long as I consider ep 3 the last ep. :awesome:
ImageImage

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:25 am

Really did not expect much from episode 1 since it felt like they just threw everything, but episode 3 got me hooked.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:49 am

Great episode 4. The entire world in this show is so unique and interesting, and that two-face was creepy but awesome at the same time :up:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:44 pm

This show just keeps getting more interesting, I thought I'd lose interest rapidly after episode 3's ending ( :cry: ) but now I'm really curious as to how this new (dead) city functions. Considering how:-
Spoiler :
I always thought gravekeepers were the strongest in the series so seeing so many being killed really makes you wonder what kind of people live there.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Well I can see the appeal for the city but it's still kinda strange to see people so willing to die just to live there. They're really dying to live there. XD omg such a bad pun...XD

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”