Magi (manga)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Magi (manga)

Post by AimoAio » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:40 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Kouen's all like "yeah, I just got my flesh ripped out, no big deal"
I was wondering about that until the newest chapter reminded me he had a healing Djinn. Perfect for healing that ripped flesh. :up:

But seriously, after all those badass attacks the boss still isn't dead? :| Good grief, what more do they need? Though Hakuryuu hasn't appeared yet so it's possible they're waiting for something from him.
pacotacoshell wrote:Btw I found it a bit weird that Kouen looked 10 years younger on page 14-15. CHIBI KOUEN FOR THE WIN! :rofl:
If I remember correctly, Sinbad also had a Djinn that turned him into chibi form but that was ages ago back when Alibaba and co. were still in Sindria. Totally setting the two up to be archrivals. XD

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:17 pm

is this series supposed to be ending soon? all these huge fights keep breaking out and now it feels like they're fighting the final boss (I suppose the empress sort of fills that role but her whole purpose was to summon this giant evil which is now here). hope it doesn't end, series feels way to short, not nearly enough development for some characters.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:27 am

Yeah, they pretty much wrecked him throughout the whole chapter but there's always gotta be a damn final evolution for mid-game bosses >____> I'm pretty sure it's not ending here either. This is a large scale battle but I think it was all meant to introduce the Ren family and their powers to set up for future arcs with them. Plus Sinbad vs Kouen still needs to happen, now THAT will be the most epic thing I've ever seen. :awesome:

But even after seeing all these powers I still think Aladdin is the best. Summoning three Ugos is just freaking awesome man :ying:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Totally agree! :up: The battle feels pretty intense but it's also too soon for the series to end since there's a bunch of stuff they still need to explain, like the Fanalis, the magi Yunan, how Al-Thamen even got here from the other world, connection between Solomon and Aladdin just to name a few.

And a final battle without Sinbad just doesn't feel right. :|

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:31 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snappppppppp, what a plot twist! Though I was confused for a few pages wondering if that was really Gyokuen, she looks way too sane in this chapter :uhoh: Just a few chapters ago she was all creepy and crazy-eyed, now she's all calm and collected.

I'm also enjoying the Alma Toran discussion going on in the recent chapters. I actually had very little idea what Alma Toran was. <___< I got it mixed up with Al-Thamen a few times, but that's just bad reading on my part. But now I think I'm up to speed on this parallel world and I'm excited to see what happens in the next chapter! :up:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:07 pm

OH SHIIII-, THE CREW IS BACK. OFFICIALLY PUMPED. :ying: :ying: :ying:
AimoAio wrote:And a final battle without Sinbad just doesn't feel right. :|
And as we say this it happens, lol. Still doesn't feel like the end-game though so we should be fine....hopefully. :uhoh:

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Well, they still need to actually defeat the female evil Magi and her organization, and Hakuryuu and Judal are planning something, although we don't know if that's going to turn them into new enemies or if they'll end up helping Al Thamen.

Anyway, latest chapter, the ultimate limit break c-c-c-combo! attack

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:09 am

Ooooooh, great chapter this week.

Aladdin going with the Rens? YES YES YES. I never liked Sinbad all that much to begin with, he's just shady as fuck :l
Titus is the new Magi? WHAT, ALL OF MY YES. Though I wonder what happened with Hakuryuu and why he went evil. It's been a while since I read past chapters so I forgot how he left off with Aladdin's group. All I know is that I'm excited as hell for the new arc! Hopefully we can get some insight on the wandering Magi, he seems awesome haha.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:53 am

ok, so no where near the conclusion yet, and everyone is even more powered up than before. hope these chapters come out quickly

btw, is titus a boy or girl now? lol he took over one of the clone bodies but we don't know what it was

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:06 pm

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. I just caught back up to the latest chapter, been avoiding this thread for the spoilers the last few weeks but OMGGGGGGGG now I can continue to gush about how awesome this series is. And S2 airing soon? HELL YEAH. :up:
pacotacoshell wrote:Though I wonder what happened with Hakuryuu and why he went evil. It's been a while since I read past chapters so I forgot how he left off with Aladdin's group.
Hmm...last I remember seeing him was when he saw Gyokuen and went crazy trying to kill her but failed. And then Judar somehow convinced him to listen to whatever he had to say....memory's a bit fuzzy after this point so I can't remember if he said anything significant that might have changed Hakuryuu. And he left Aladdin's group after he was rejected by Morgiana I think. Didn't say bye or anything to Alibaba or Aladdin if I remember correctly.

But noooooo! I didn't really want to see him as a bad guy! ;__; This'll be heartbreaking for me to read when it gets to that point.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”