Danganronpa The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Danganronpa The Animation

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:35 pm

These character designs really make me cringe sometimes. The serial killer's look is just..... :|

My top 3 on the "need to die" list are her, the buff trap, and spikey-hair. Those freak me out the most.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:57 pm

Genocider Syo is actually one of my faves. Togami, on the other hand, is annoying as hell.

Also, always sad to see a bromance last so short. Manly tears were shed ;_;
Under Construction

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:39 pm

8bit_samurai wrote:Genocider Syo is actually one of my faves. Togami, on the other hand, is annoying as hell.
I agree completely with the personality but that tongue.....what in the heck. >___>

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:52 pm

It's not the tongue that gets me, it's the scissors. What's up with Japan and scissors? Seems like it's become some sort of weird accessory trait/weapon of choice.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:23 pm

so much bromance in the last episode, manly tears everywhere.

I want to think the glasses guy is going to be one of the final contenders but with the way this series just kills people off he may get an anti-climactic death just to throw things off.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:21 am

Feel like it would have been good if this series was a little longer, it's hard to get attached to anyone before they die. Even the bromance just kinda happened before one of them died right after. Enjoying it, it's freaking zany and I have to admit it's fun to see the execution cutscenes, but I imagine the game is probably better.

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:12 am

I'd agree with Hangaren there. I really wish this could've been longer than 13eps, so far I'm missing a lot of character development and key leads that the games has ( cleared the game 2 weeks ago ) They're really trying hard to get everything into one episode, it works but I just feel is a bit rushed and missing out a lot of good moments from the game.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Awww, I think this is the first character I feel sad for seeing her go. She was clever :cry:

While everyone else is dicking around with murders, Kirigiri's out there figuring out the end-game like a boss. Though I wonder what pair is gonna die next.
Spoiler :
My first guess would be the other girl getting murdered by the mole trap, but I have feeling that they're gonna throw a curve ball and off the glasses guy somehow. He seems like an important character but not at the same time. That might just be me.

KiddTheManiac
Org Profile

Post by KiddTheManiac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Niwa wrote:I'd agree with Hangaren there. I really wish this could've been longer than 13eps, so far I'm missing a lot of character development and key leads that the games has ( cleared the game 2 weeks ago ) They're really trying hard to get everything into one episode, it works but I just feel is a bit rushed and missing out a lot of good moments from the game.
Agreed. Pretentious as it sounds, it hits you harder in your gut to see someone die after having had all those little interactions with 'em.

I'd also like to add that some of the game mechanics they've put into the anime (EVIDENCE FOUND! etc) kinda frustrate me, because in a non-interactive medium, it just looks goofy and takes away from the creeping horror of the plot.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:09 am

Spoiler :
Quite surprised to see the spiky hair guy still alive, since I thought he was gonna be one of the first to go. Though I'm kinda hoping now I don't jinx him, considering it seems Genocider would only kill Togami but she won't kill him since it would be too obvious and Togami would only kill if he was absolutely sure he can get away with it. So that only leaves him and Asahina, and I'm putting my money on Asahina since it seems Sakura would do something like that for her.
Another thing I notice it seems in the credits the (would be) murderers are on the left and the victims are on the right. wonder if this will be a continuing trend if they don't solve anything by the end of the show.
Under Construction

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”