AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Vlad, you think we could pull off the sing-a-long block?

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:17 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Vlad, you think we could pull off the sing-a-long block?


I'll sing! |:>
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:37 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Vlad, you think we could pull off the sing-a-long block?


Send me a proposal as soon as possible.. need title of Block, length, who is running it and description

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2015 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2015 AMV Assistant Manager
Otafest 2012 - 2015 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 22 AMV Coordinator
AWA Atlanta 2011-2015 VAT Programming Head

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Vlad, you think we could pull off the sing-a-long block?


Send me a proposal as soon as possible.. need title of Block, length, who is running it and description

Vlad

I wasn't volunteering to run it - only suggesting you could reuse the one we ran at SakuraCon updated with whatever people saw fit to include.

User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 pm

For those intrested in a Creator Splotlight at AWA, I will have a block on Both Friday and Saturday.

I want to see how many slots I need so if your intrested in one, e-mail me at videoart@awa-con.com and let me know what day is prefered (if any).

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2015 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2015 AMV Assistant Manager
Otafest 2012 - 2015 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 22 AMV Coordinator
AWA Atlanta 2011-2015 VAT Programming Head

User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:41 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Vlad, you think we could pull off the sing-a-long block?


Send me a proposal as soon as possible.. need title of Block, length, who is running it and description

Vlad

I wasn't volunteering to run it - only suggesting you could reuse the one we ran at SakuraCon updated with whatever people saw fit to include.


Actaully, I already got it on the que.. depends if there is room for it

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2015 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2015 AMV Assistant Manager
Otafest 2012 - 2015 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 22 AMV Coordinator
AWA Atlanta 2011-2015 VAT Programming Head

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:21 pm

AWA VAT page wrote:Through special arrangement with Anime Weekend Atlanta, we will be hosting a one-of-a-kind Editors-only event† on Thursday evening, a chance for those who create and submit videos to The Video Art Track and Anime Weekend Atlanta to meet and mingle and share the joys and frustrations of creation.

† editors-only event will require pre-registration and purchase of a premium Editor's Membership, details to be announced

If someone registers before these details are announced, would they have the option to add this "premium membership"? Or should we wait to find out about it before we do any registering?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
jingoro
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2001 10:46 pm
Status: FantAWAsia and MEP Thunderdome @ AWA 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby jingoro » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:37 pm

I did a sing along block at Florida Supercon and it wasn't the best received block I've ever done.

Apparently songs I think are singable aren't. Mind you these were songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Believing, but what the hell do I know?

Up to Vlad. ;-)

User avatar
jingoro
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2001 10:46 pm
Status: FantAWAsia and MEP Thunderdome @ AWA 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby jingoro » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
AWA VAT page wrote:Through special arrangement with Anime Weekend Atlanta, we will be hosting a one-of-a-kind Editors-only event† on Thursday evening, a chance for those who create and submit videos to The Video Art Track and Anime Weekend Atlanta to meet and mingle and share the joys and frustrations of creation.

† editors-only event will require pre-registration and purchase of a premium Editor's Membership, details to be announced

If someone registers before these details are announced, would they have the option to add this "premium membership"? Or should we wait to find out about it before we do any registering?


Yes, go ahead and register. The add-on will be available separately.

User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 pm

I did sing-a-long at Sakura-Con and Otafest.. it actually worked out pretty good.. So far I got it in the Que and it depends if there is room for it as it's not on the high priority list

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2015 AMV Coordinator
AX 2012 - 2015 AMV Assistant Manager
Otafest 2012 - 2015 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 11 - 22 AMV Coordinator
AWA Atlanta 2011-2015 VAT Programming Head

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby l33tmeatwad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:25 am

I very much dislike having to preregister...the walk-in line on Thursday has a ZERO minute wait... >.>...you should make this addon available for that Thursday only ;)
Guides, Scripts, & Software: AMV 101 | AMVpack | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Mr Pilkington
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:10 pm
Status: Stay outa my shed
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby Mr Pilkington » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:44 pm

jingoro wrote:I did a sing along block at Florida Supercon and it wasn't the best received block I've ever done.

Apparently songs I think are singable aren't. Mind you these were songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Believing, but what the hell do I know?

Up to Vlad. ;-)


Your block lacked Prison Bitch, therefore was inferior. :beer:
Image
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina

User avatar
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2001 8:45 pm
Status: Retired from AMVs
Location: California
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby Castor Troy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:
jingoro wrote:I did a sing along block at Florida Supercon and it wasn't the best received block I've ever done.

Apparently songs I think are singable aren't. Mind you these were songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Believing, but what the hell do I know?

Up to Vlad. ;-)


Your block lacked Prison Bitch, therefore was inferior. :beer:


AWA 2007 memories with us and JCD... <3 <3 <3 :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :asd: :asd: :asd: :asd: :beer: :beer:
Image
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

User avatar
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:22 pm
Status: Calm Your Miniature Colorful Horses
Location: Detroit area
Contact:
Org Profile

AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby ngsilver » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Mr Pilkington wrote:
jingoro wrote:I did a sing along block at Florida Supercon and it wasn't the best received block I've ever done.

Apparently songs I think are singable aren't. Mind you these were songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Believing, but what the hell do I know?

Up to Vlad. ;-)


Your block lacked Prison Bitch, therefore was inferior. :beer:


AWA 2007 memories with us and JCD... <3 <3 <3 :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :asd: :asd: :asd: :asd: :beer: :beer:

those were fun times and we should totally do that again. I'll bring a fresh pair of panties too!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Mr Pilkington
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:10 pm
Status: Stay outa my shed
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Postby Mr Pilkington » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:08 pm

Why bother? we already know you're a waste of said undergarments :P

Image



BasharOfTheAges wrote:Vlad, you think we could pull off the sing-a-long block?

We had a meeting about that this weekend. HMV sing along? :aimkissyface:
Image
<Orwell> WTF are they doing upstairs. Almost sounds like construction
<[Kristyrat]> Orwell, you see / <[Kristyrat]> when a man really likes a woman / <[Kristyrat]> or has a bottle of chloroform
<inthesto> He takes her stuff / <inthesto> And then poops in her vagina


Return to “Anime Conventions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests