AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:41 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:Vlad, you think we could pull off the sing-a-long block?
Send me a proposal as soon as possible.. need title of Block, length, who is running it and description

Vlad
I wasn't volunteering to run it - only suggesting you could reuse the one we ran at SakuraCon updated with whatever people saw fit to include.
Actaully, I already got it on the que.. depends if there is room for it

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:21 pm

AWA VAT page wrote:Through special arrangement with Anime Weekend Atlanta, we will be hosting a one-of-a-kind Editors-only event† on Thursday evening, a chance for those who create and submit videos to The Video Art Track and Anime Weekend Atlanta to meet and mingle and share the joys and frustrations of creation.

† editors-only event will require pre-registration and purchase of a premium Editor's Membership, details to be announced
If someone registers before these details are announced, would they have the option to add this "premium membership"? Or should we wait to find out about it before we do any registering?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:37 pm

I did a sing along block at Florida Supercon and it wasn't the best received block I've ever done.

Apparently songs I think are singable aren't. Mind you these were songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Believing, but what the hell do I know?

Up to Vlad. ;-)

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
AWA VAT page wrote:Through special arrangement with Anime Weekend Atlanta, we will be hosting a one-of-a-kind Editors-only event† on Thursday evening, a chance for those who create and submit videos to The Video Art Track and Anime Weekend Atlanta to meet and mingle and share the joys and frustrations of creation.

† editors-only event will require pre-registration and purchase of a premium Editor's Membership, details to be announced
If someone registers before these details are announced, would they have the option to add this "premium membership"? Or should we wait to find out about it before we do any registering?
Yes, go ahead and register. The add-on will be available separately.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 pm

I did sing-a-long at Sakura-Con and Otafest.. it actually worked out pretty good.. So far I got it in the Que and it depends if there is room for it as it's not on the high priority list

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:25 am

I very much dislike having to preregister...the walk-in line on Thursday has a ZERO minute wait... >.>...you should make this addon available for that Thursday only ;)
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:44 pm

jingoro wrote:I did a sing along block at Florida Supercon and it wasn't the best received block I've ever done.

Apparently songs I think are singable aren't. Mind you these were songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Believing, but what the hell do I know?

Up to Vlad. ;-)
Your block lacked Prison Bitch, therefore was inferior. :beer:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:
jingoro wrote:I did a sing along block at Florida Supercon and it wasn't the best received block I've ever done.

Up to Vlad. ;-)
AWA 2007 memories with us and JCD... <3 <3 <3 :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :asd: :asd: :asd: :asd: :beer: :beer:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

AWA Atlanta VAT 2013

Post by ngsilver » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Mr Pilkington wrote:

Up to Vlad. ;-)
AWA 2007 memories with us and JCD... <3 <3 <3 :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :aimkissyface: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :asd: :asd: :asd: :asd: :beer: :beer:
those were fun times and we should totally do that again. I'll bring a fresh pair of panties too!
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:08 pm

Why bother? we already know you're a waste of said undergarments :P

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Vlad, you think we could pull off the sing-a-long block?
We had a meeting about that this weekend. HMV sing along? :aimkissyface:

Return to “Anime Conventions”