The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Chez » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Im back baby!

Finally moved out got things settled, so hopefully after these busy next few weeks I might start working and possibly finishing some amvs again <3
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Was finally able to get some time behind a manual car today. Asked one of the detectives if he's teach me so we went over to one of the commercial warehouses and drove around there and on the streets a bit.

Was pretty much the same experience I had 9 years ago the first time I tried. Getting going is always the hard part and after that it's smooth sailing. As I got used to the clutch, it got easier of course... That said, I'm not completely convinced I want to be driving manual all the time. It's nice to have the skills, for sure, but might not be my thing... at least not something I'd want to drive in every day on my way to work.

Either way, was glad I was able to do it. I've been aching to try again for a while now but haven't had the opportunity.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Hotel booked for YCS Toronto. I'm playing instead of judging this year and I will top for the first time since SJC days.

Miaka999
Org Profile

Post by Miaka999 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:16 pm

going to see some llamas tomorrow and getting to see some Inca ruins. I really want to hold a baby goat again

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm meeting a long time editor friend today, along with her boyfriend, and I'm suupppper nervous, and somewhat excited. But more nervous. Well we've known each other for like 6-7 years, though. My friend is coming with me and we're gonna go see The Wolverine. Ahh!!!
ImageImage

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:18 am

Workout so rough I had difficulty driving my car home.

Sure, everything only hurt cause I took a couple weeks off, but it's good to be back.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Got tons of work done on a vid today. Really happy with how it looks so far. |:>
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Buddy invited me to hang out this weekend. We started off visiting the Facebook campus and walking around there for a bit (his wife's cousin's bf works there... i think it was her cousin...). They have free food and a bunch of cool amenities. Had some brisket and char-grilled chicken with a side of OMGAWESOME mac and cheese. The brisket was way too good to be free.

The campus felt like a little college campus. Was a little weird. The perks were cool but I'm not sure I'd want to work there.

Today we went to Angel Island and did a Segway tour. Oh man, that was fun. Those things are a blast to drive around. The tour was like 2 hours but over way too quick. Definitely want to do it again.

Anyway, had a fun weekend.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Got a new job editing graphics and video for a real estate company. My lawsuit regarding my old house is going to take a lot of time to complete (6 months to a year), and I need more income after moving into my new apartment.

I like the job so far. Pretty easy to do and it's flexible.

The best part is that when I did the interview, my boss and I talked far more about amvs than any of my other work. So, I can gladly say once again that amvs can get you work. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:52 pm

School is back in, which means less boredom and more accomplishments~
Also, I'm surrounded by precious people--friends, educators, boyfriend, family <3
I'm blessed to have them ^_^
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

Return to “General Discussion”