CDVV IC 2: Electric Boogaloo - Championship Results!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

CDVV IC 2: Electric Boogaloo - Championship Results!

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:17 pm

CDVV IC 2: Electric Boogaloo
*Now in Tangy Re-Evo and Salty VNS flavors!
Last time we hosted our CDVV IC we were pleasantly surprised when we did NOT receive anthrax in the mail after it was all said and done, so we're back for more and we've brought *friends!

*human shields in the event of a riot

For those of you who missed out on the tantalizing strip tease that was the original CDVV IC, here is how it works.

How It Works
Each member of CDVV has their own unique preferences when it comes to music and style. Below, you will find descriptions of each member and the types of challenges you'll be faced with if you select them. You will then choose a CDVV member and enter their “group”. Once you have selected your CDVV member they will provide you with a rar of music (10 - 15 songs) that they have selected. You will then select a single song from the selection provided and edit it as you see fit.

Once the videos have been completed, they will be turned over to the selected CDVV member for judging. If you do not PM your selected CDVV member with a download link to your video before the Round End deadline then you will be disqualified. Please see the deadline section for more information.
Said editor will be the final and only judge for each of their groups. Each CDVV member will judge the videos based off a set criteria and provide scoring and comments.

Rules
1) Individual entries only. Groups are not allowed.
2) You may only edit with the provided audio.
3) Once you have chosen a “group” and been provided with your audio, you can not change.
4) Make sure your editing and sources are Orgable.
5) You may add bumpers and title cards to your video. The bumpers/title card sections will not be factored into the judging.
6) Multiple people may select the same song. There is no “first dibs” rule.
7) When submitting your video you are allowed to include comments about the video to help your judge better understand your concept.
8) Keep in mind that the goal of this contest isn’t to try and pander to the CDVV member you choose. The goal is to try and adapt and work with what you've been provided to make the best video you possibly can.
9) If you sign up and don’t submit a video then we can never be friends. :(

Judging Criteria

Last time we gave out criteria, it was the same for every judge. However this time around, each CDVV judge will create their own judging criteria. No matter what, videos will be scored out of a total of 50 points. How those points will be assigned is up to you new *CDVV judge. Scores will be accompanied by comments to explain the reasoning behind the scoring.

*god

Deadline
Countdown
Round Start: Countdown
Round End: Countdown
Winners Announced:
First Round Winners Announced: August 7th

CHAMPIONSHIP BONUS ROUND
The winners of each individual group will then move on to the CHAMPIONSHIP BONUS ROUND to determine who is the best of the best of the best. They will all be given the same pack of songs in which each judge has supplied 2 songs for. Then they will edit and *attempt to devour the flesh of their enemies. Each CDVV member will once again judge with their own criteria but this time the scores will be added up and entrant with the most points from all the judges wins!

*Flesh devouring is optional and can be substituted for tacos

Round Start:
Countdown
Round End:
Countdown

Winner Announced:
August 15th

Prize
So you've managed to beat everyone else in your group and claim the championship title? Well, if you're willing to take your own life into your hands, send your mailing address to Fall_Child42 and he will provide you with a *prize.

*prize not guaranteed to make any sense.

Now, if you haven't soiled yourself from all the glorious information you've received, let me introduce our *incredibly sexy judges.

* They probably haven't showered in days and enjoy the taste of waffles, but your ranking is in their hands. Sucks to be you, kid.

Radical_Yue
Spoiler :
Last time I gave out some sick electronic beats, this time I'll be passing out some favorites from my childhood. I grew up listening to the radio station Coast 101.3 "70s, 80s, 90s and today! Soft Rock!" I would listen to that station from dawn till dusk and I had even memorized some of their playlists after a while. Song-wise, I went a bit crazy with the 80s stuff, expect some rather romancey songs with a couple curve balls here and there. As always, be expecting some rather extreme scoring from me. <3 >:3

Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
How Will I Know - Whitney Houston
Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townshend
These Dreams - Heart
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Dream On - Aerosmith
The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
Save The Last Dance For Me - Michael Buble
Making Love Out of Nothing At All - Air Supply
Here's To The Night - Eve 6
Cum On Feel The Noize - Quiet Riot
Heaven Is A Place on Earth - Belinda Carlisle
Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
Aerialesque
Spoiler :
I enjoy a variety of different kinds of videos, but my favorites are the ones that do a good job of conveying emotion. I'm not looking for disconnected videos with no "soul" so to speak...if you focus some passion into your work, you will most likely score points with me. The songs I've chosen are all geared toward either the drama, romance or action category in some way or another, so don't expect anything in the comedy/parody department. Most are of the alternative or electronic genre, some being upbeat/fast-paced and others more on the slower/sentimental side. Internal sync makes me happy, and so does good atmosphere and flow. I don't mind effects as long as you use them well. Tell me a cohesive story or just give me a solid concept that's well-executed, and I'll be a happy camper. <3

Acceptance - The Letter
Anberlin - Godspeed
Anberlin - Modern Age
MS MR - Bones
Paper Route - Glass Heart Hymn
The Graduate - For the Missing
Innerpartysystem - The Waiting Time
Safetysuit - Someone like you
Kate Havnevik - Timeless
In the Dark - DJ Tiesto ft. Christian Burns
Plumb - In My Arms
Paramore - Renegade
Paramore - Part II
Replay Studios
Spoiler :
I like all kinds of amvs but for this competition I want to see some serious edits. My pack of songs will include chillstep. Chillstep takes dubstep, slows the beat down, adds in low bass lines, and beats. I seen plenty of dubstep amvs but I haven't seen too many people edit with chillstep. So guys and gals, who wants to take a stab at it? I want to see what you guys can do with it >:3

Aaron Smith - Dancin (Krono Remix)
Adele - Rolling In The Deep (Damn You Mongolians Remix)
Blue Foundation - Eyes On Fire (Zeds Dead Remix)
Cassius - I love You So (Millestone Mix)
Coldplay - Fix You (Aylen Remix)
Ellie Goulding - Your Song (Blackmill Remix)
Fracture Design - From The Bottom Of My Heart
Lykke Li - Tonight (Mokhov Remix)
M83 - We Own The Sky (Datsik Remix)
Metric - Gold Guns Girls (Elekrik Remix)
NumberNin6 vs WilliamFitzsimmons - What You've Done
Plummet - Damaged (Blinding Lights Remix)
Rameses B - Moving On
Selah Sue - On The Sun (Dan Donovan Remix)
Kitsuner
Spoiler :
Show me Comedy, Fun, or Dance
Make me move like there's ass in my pants

Make me laugh, make me smile
Use some sync that's lyricile

Sync it internally, sync it with cuts
And hey, it can't hurt if you throw in some butts

50 Cent - If I Can’t (DVDAs Jungle Bootleg)
Andrew Jackson Jihad - Ladykiller
Andrew W.K. - she is beautiful
Basement Jaxx - Do Your Thing
Cash Cash - Party In Your Bedroom
Coldplay - Clocks (Rhythms del Mundo)
Frank Turner - Four Simple Words
Girl Talk - Once Again
Hugo - 99 Problems
Jurassic 5 - Swing Set
Ken Ashcorp - Absolute Territory
MadMixMustang - Holiday of Choice
Morningwood - Knock on Wood
My Dick - Fields of Dick
Reel Big Fish - Hiding in my Headphones
inthesto
Spoiler :
The first CDVV IC was easy. It was a gimmie where I doled out songs to which any chump could make a video. This time, the gloves are off and we’re not playing nice. Get ready for a slew of video game music, without a word to be found anywhere. The tracks will be drawn from games of every era, both original and arranged. But believe that there won’t be a single lyric to be found anywhere. If you’re up for a challenge, this is the set for you.

Motoi Sakuraba - A Motion of Finishing Blow (VP2)
Hiro - Opa Opa! (Fantasy Zone)
Hideki Okugawa - Untamable Fists (SFA3)
Nobuo Uematsu - Town (FF2)
Masashi Hamauzu - Rosenkranz (SaGa Fontier 2)
Hideki Naganuma - Get Edgy ~ Blazy Mix (Sonic Rush)
New World Performance Group -Tears (KoF99)
Masahiko Kimura - Rune Of Punishment (Suikoden 4)
NEXT - The Great Empress (GGXX#R)
Michael Cainn - Icarus (DX3)
Yuzo Koshiro - Go Straight (Streets of Rage 2)
Terry Scott Tailor - Olly Oxen Free (The Neverhood)
Fall_Child42
Spoiler :
Let me tell you a story. It is an inspirational, earnest, and true story that comes to us straight from the heart of America. It begins with an argument between a violent and abusive man, and his scruffy ward. This man had utter control over those he was in charge of and would go into violent rages at the drop of a hat. He hated having to take care of his dependant and decided, without empathy, to destroy the bane of his life. He believed the murder of this young life would grant him freedom from his terrible existence. Even though he was young, this boy knew what was going to happen to him and had to escape. Caged up and being driven to his death, there was but one thing left to do. With a couple of well timed shifts of body weight and a fortunate bump in the road, the cage dropped to the highway and broke open. Freedom at last! One day this young one may die, and it could very well be soon, but it won’t be at the hands of such a cruel lord and master, he would not get the satisfaction. After days of wandering the forest, our young fugitive emerged from the dense trees, clothes dirty and tattered, only to be rescued by a child. A child that would believe in our protagonist, trust him, and help him back on his feet. Through this trust, our hero will find his special talent and begin to bring untold happiness into the hearts of millions. That is until the cold unfeeling world of bureaucracy attempts to stifle such a talent. But a third party, a champion of truth and justice, blasts through the red tape with a triumphant call of “There’s nothin’ in the rule books says a dog can’t play basketball!” and thus the monolithic superstructure of bureaucracy did not defeat Buddy and our fuzzy little hero would Own at Hoopz for thousands of years, ushering in an uninterrupted time of world peace.

Also, I really like dragons.

“I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Bangladesh Acid Survivors Foundation - MEGACAR
Igor Stravinsky - The Enemy God and the Dance of the Black Spirits
Steel Panther - It Won’t Suck itself.
(Dropkick Murphys) - I’m Shipping Up to Boston
Furturecop! - Tonite’s Hero
Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Russ Chimes Remix)
Foxy Shazam - Welcome to the Church of Rock & Roll
Rhapsody - Power of the Dragon Flame
NegaRen - My Pet Dragon Got Drunk and Barfed at Rainfurrest This Year
Richard Jacques - Can you Feel the Sunshine // T.J. Davis
Hibria - Tiger Punch
Otohiko
Spoiler :
My theme for this round could be called “Punkohiko’s International Madness”, and you can definitely expect a challenge – this time, I’ve brought in 14 pieces of loud, weird, diverse music from around the world, with not a single verse of English lyrics, and lots of “foreign” stuff from a whole range of cultures. I’m going by a very loose definition of “Punk” here of course – everything from pop-punk, to folk-punk and ska, to bits of metal and industrial, to progressive weirdness and avant-garde jazz is fair game. Most of it is still very much in the fuck-all spirit of punk, and I hope the resulting videos will be too!
My challenge is for you to try something creative, unusual and offbeat – I don’t care if you know the languages some of these songs are in, and in fact I even encourage you to ignore the totally non-English lyrics or treat them ironically. Take this shit and be as weird as you want with it – surprise me with an interesting idea, a strange approach to editing, or just go for outright awesomecore insanity that makes no sense. I will reward creativity and effort more than technical aspects, though that doesn’t mean you get to be sloppy on those!

(PS - when I say “loud”, “weird” and “foreign”, I am not fucking kidding. Some of the tracks I chose are pretty extreme and not AMV-friendly in any “normal” way. You have been warned.)

1. The Boredoms [Japan] – Bore Now Bore
2. Lyapis Trubetskoy [Belarus] – Ne byc’ skotam (We Won’t Be Cattle)
3. Eisbrecher [Germany] – Bombe
4. Age of Stones [Latvia] – Skaisti
5. 3.33 [Armenia] – Intro
6. Chicherina [Russia] – Vrachi (Doctors)
7. Buckethead [U.S.] – Don’t Use Roosts If You Raise Broilers
8. Ellegarden [Japan] – Funny Bunny (The Pillows cover)
9. Julie Slick [U.S.] – The Rivalry
10. Sabaton [Sweden] – Gott Mit Uns (God With Us)
11. Gleb SamoiloFF & The MatriXX [Russia] – Sodomiya (Sodomy)
12. Envy [Japan] – Dreams Coming To An End
13. Korol’ I Shut [Russia] – Tanec zlobnogo geniya (Dance of an Evil Genius)
14. Médéric Collignon [France] – Krim 3
Current Signups

Radical_Yue: Gorz, Centurione, Tardo, BecauseImbored1
Aerialesque: PantherMarie1988, Pic4, Spaintakula, alchemymini, Taite, Mamo!, Kagacie, tonina1981, pacotacoshell, Snowflakes1515, Kimberly
Replay Studios: chaosgod357, xLunax, SVProductions, xxxSoraChii, Drango, sakuraslight, XAzurechaos
Kitsuner: xPauChan, AquaSky, NotReallyHere, Chaos Lv99
inthesto: chit, nicki_013, toothpickvic
Fall_Child42: Devolution, Amaterasu, ReggieSmalls
Otohiko: AMV_4000, javywhite, Janikachan, AngelDragoon, blaksun

Results

Round 1 Results

Championship songs
Spoiler :
Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Pictures (GZUS Remix)
Don't Cry - Park Bom
Electric Shock - f(x)
Flight Facilities - Crave You (Adventure Club Remix)
Franz Ferdinand - This Boy
Gorshok - Ivan Fakov
Hetsu Procyon - NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL COONCORE! 69 - 08 CALIFORNIaN DRAgon DICKS (Truxton Remix)
Laura Branigan - Self Control
Modest Mouse - Dashboard
NewRetroWave - The 80's Dream Compilation Tape - 04
Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
The Pillows - March Of God
Championship Results
Please see the "Final Scores" page to see who won!

PantherMarie1988
Org Profile

Re: CDVV IC 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by PantherMarie1988 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:27 pm

I'll sign up for Aerialesque =D
Hi There!
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward

Pic4
needs more cowbells
Org Profile

Post by Pic4 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:30 pm

Aerialesque sounds fine for me ... letz try.
Easily driven

xPauChan
Org Profile

Post by xPauChan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:35 pm

I'll sign up for Kitsuner's group 8D

Spaintakula
Org Profile

Post by Spaintakula » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:36 pm

guess i'll go with Aerialesque...seems like the best combo for me :P :sorcerer: :sorcerer:

Gorz
m'lady
Org Profile

Post by Gorz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:38 pm

Hit me as hard as you can! YUE I choose you

*throws my poke ball*

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 pm

Yue, my love <3

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:55 pm

Everyone that signs up for this is super ultra mega cool <3

ChaosGod
Location: Always running away but no matter how far I go there I am
Org Profile

Post by ChaosGod » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:56 pm

I had too much fun last time I have to do this again ,,,,,, I choose Replay ,, now with that said attack with ur best tunes xD

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:02 pm

Just to clarify, we're taking sign ups RIGHT NOW! The countdown is for when they end.

(Sorry, I'm sick so I'm in a derp mood)

Return to “AMV Contests”