Uchouten Kazoku

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Uchouten Kazoku

Postby mirkosp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:41 am

Crunchyroll wrote:In Kyoto, there are three kinds of residents: humans, raccoon dogs, and tengu. Shimogamo Yasaburou is the third son of the Shimogamo raccoon dog family. His father, Souichirou, had been the head of Kyoto raccoon dog community until he was eaten by the human members of "Friday Club". While taking care of old tengu, fighting with other raccoon dogs, and playing with a psychic human girl, Yasaburou approaches the truth of his father's death.
mirkosp
MODkip

Re: Uchouten Kazoku

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:05 am

I really wasn't planning on watching this until mirko mentioned that this is from the same author of Tatami Galaxy. And I'm glad I did cause this is just awesome :up: :up:
pacotacoshell

Postby Otohiko » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Nope, really didn't grab my attention. There's some interesting atmosphere in places, but I found the characters to be rather uninspiring - seeing that you already know that they're tanuki and tengu for some fucking reason, it feels like the show is trying to generate mystery out of nothing in particular. It ended up being a first episode of people ("people"?) running around and talking to each other mostly about nothing.
Otohiko

Postby Hagaren Viper » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:41 pm

There isn't much happening in the two episodes I've seen, but somehow it's kept me very interested. I want to find out more about the world these guys live in. And the art is fantastic, that alone will probablly keep me watching.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Ep 3 was good, they really tapped into a lot of the fantasy aspects in this episode. That lightning fan and the dad turning into a mountain was so cool. o__o
pacotacoshell

Uchouten Kazoku

Postby TEKnician » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:25 pm

It really feels like I'm watching a multi-part movie. I like this series a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:08 am

I never thought I'd witness epic tanuki aerial fireworks battles, it's like I'm living in the golden age of anime. xD And the professor sticking to his guns in the end like a boss, truly an inspiration :ying:

Absolutely loved this ep! :up:
pacotacoshell

Postby pacotacoshell » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:43 am

Interesting episode this week. I liked how they made the Friday Fellows seem so normal considering these guys are the end-game boss in the tanuki world. And that the conversation of eating tanuki was so casual and not some immoral and evil thing, because technically it's not. It's the same with eating cows and pigs except these ones can talk! xD It really makes you think. Can't wait for next week's episode :up:
pacotacoshell

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Ahhh, this episode was peeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrfeeeccccct. Everything from beginning to end was brilliant and hilarious and awesome. Next episode gon' be good. :ying:
pacotacoshell

Postby AimoAio » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Wasn't initially hooked so I kinda stopped around episode 4 but I've just caught up to episode 12 and wow, I'm surprised to be really enjoying it! It definitely got better once things began to pick up. Also I LOL'd so much at the over-the-top effects of that fan when it caused them to crash straight into the building, especially since Yasaburou was trying so hard to make it gentle. :rofl:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:35 pm

LOL, the professor is a freakin' god. :rofl: It was a pretty fitting end, though I still don't understand what Benten's deal is. Maybe I just have to watch the show again to get it but I don't know why she was crying next to the well or why she ignored the professor for so long. I would have loved to see a flashback of when the professor lost his tengu powers too, but I still loved this show regardless. Such a shame this has to end, I really wouldn't mind a second season. :up:
pacotacoshell

Return to Anime Series Discussion