Alone

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DazedTheory
Org Profile

Alone

Post by DazedTheory » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:23 am

I tried something a bit different this time when making this AMV. I used Virtual Dub to gather all the clips I needed instead of just shoving the whole episode into Vegas. I was left with more variety but less footage because they were being a pain. I also had preview issues which made making this video frustrating. I do believe it is one of my better works however and I'm looking forward to everyones feedback.

Here is the Youtube link for those who want to get straight to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCU4pj98owc
Last edited by DazedTheory on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

SaxyTime
Org Profile

Re: Alone

Post by SaxyTime » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:09 am

I really thought it was an awesome Amv , i felt like u told me a story u really got it right with what u tryed to do :D just some minor things those transitions when the song got faster were a little bit well the same thing and not really well done but its just some little thing doesnt change things overall just a little thing i wanted to point out, Awesome job a 4/5 For me! keep it up!

SprinkleSprankles
Org Profile

Post by SprinkleSprankles » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 am

Thank you again for your opinion of my video, "Bring Me Closer." I left an opinion for you directly on your video. :)

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:00 pm

I like the fact that you didn't keep the entire video blacknwhite. Just when I thought I would criticize that I got to the point of the amv where you made the transition and introduction of colors :D. You made some nice lyric sync here and there. I didn't necessarily like the scene at about 0:45. I feel like the transparency does more evil then good for it seems somewhat awkward. But the thing you should most definitely work on is camera movement. Making few keyframes in the pan crop and slowly zooming in or out can do wonders, trust me. :)

Anyway, a solid amv. I enjoy it. I don't usually give a lot of feedback in this section. Hope it was usefull! :)
ImageImage

DazedTheory
Org Profile

Post by DazedTheory » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Thank you all for the feedback so far, it's wonderful. :)

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:13 pm

I really enjoyed this AMV. The song you used, and your scene selection really helped to convey the sense of loneliness for the characters in the video. One minor complaint, however, was that the video footage used for Clannad look a bit more washed out than the footage for the other anime. Still, overall, I thought you did a great job with this AMV! 4.5/5 :up:

halex1316
Org Profile

Post by halex1316 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 am

Really quite emotional, well made! Not much I can really complain about. It definitely picked up near the end, and I think the contrast between being alone (black and white) compared to them being with the one they love (color) was really amazing, if that was your intention :) I have to say, around 0:45 and 2:50, the transparency would have been better if there was a slight fade I believe, so that it wasn't just flashing on the screen with hard cuts. Those kinds of things I feel kind of detract from the video (I've made the same mistake xD). It didn't really capture my attention, I'll be honest about that, but I don't regret watching it :) Good work! 4/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”