Problem preview

alien762
Org Profile

Problem preview

Post by alien762 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:04 am

Hi guys, i have a problem with the preview of this amv http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=192771.
I uploaded it yasterday but the preview there isn't :cry: .

Thanks.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Problem preview

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:44 am

Program encountered an error:
x264_encoder_open failed.
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.

Exiting...
Looks like it had some issues encoding it. I set it so it will try to encode it again asap, we'll see if it works. If it doesn't, I'm going to assume something about your encode makes the encoder go crazy so you'd have to upload a different encode on local for the preview to show up.

alien762
Org Profile

Post by alien762 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:50 am

OK ;)

Anyway is it possible a wrong framerate? I used 24.398fps instead 23.976fps or 29.997fps

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:21 am

Weird framerates aren't a problem, perhaps vfr might be (I'm not sure how the encoder is set to handle those, though it's very possible to make them work fine), but if it's constant I'd say there should be no problem at all.

alien762
Org Profile

Post by alien762 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:18 am

Anything mirkosp?

Hovewer I will reupload it with a new encoding. If possible delete it (and please delete this too: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=188965)

Thanks ;)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:45 am

Same error as before with the preview.
Can I delete a video entry?

You can request a deletion but requests are only deleted in certain circumstances. Moderators can accept the deletion request, but only for the right reasons. The database is intended to be a complete record of all anime music videos. If you've uploaded something that isn't supposed to be there (all non-anime source, duplicate entry etc), then we can get rid of that if you tell us. To request for one of your video entries to be deleted, use the Request Video Deletion link on your Edit My Videos page.

Note that we can delete the video file (but not the database entry) if it didn't upload correctly, uploaded something unplayable, or if you are replacing it with a higher quality version.

I want to upload a better version of my video file, what do I do?

This is actually two separate issues: remasters and remakes.

A remaster is where you take an old video and redo it with better quality video/audio source (for instance if you were to replace a video made with poor quality footage with DVD footage). This kind of thing you should file a delete request for the original video FILE (not the database entry), and then replace.

A remake is where you go back to the same concept as an old video ofyours and redo it with different edits. So, if you use the same idea, but make a new video out of it, then that's a remake. This kind of thing you should create a new, separate database entry for.
Make deletion requests and I'll handle them. However I can say I'll only be deleting the local for the SAO video so you can upload a better copy, as I do believe the TOXA video existed and therefore the entry itself should stay there.

alien762
Org Profile

Post by alien762 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:08 am

I made request for both.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”