Uchouten Kazoku

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Uchouten Kazoku

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:41 am

Crunchyroll wrote:In Kyoto, there are three kinds of residents: humans, raccoon dogs, and tengu. Shimogamo Yasaburou is the third son of the Shimogamo raccoon dog family. His father, Souichirou, had been the head of Kyoto raccoon dog community until he was eaten by the human members of "Friday Club". While taking care of old tengu, fighting with other raccoon dogs, and playing with a psychic human girl, Yasaburou approaches the truth of his father's death.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Re: Uchouten Kazoku

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:05 am

I really wasn't planning on watching this until mirko mentioned that this is from the same author of Tatami Galaxy. And I'm glad I did cause this is just awesome :up: :up:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Nope, really didn't grab my attention. There's some interesting atmosphere in places, but I found the characters to be rather uninspiring - seeing that you already know that they're tanuki and tengu for some fucking reason, it feels like the show is trying to generate mystery out of nothing in particular. It ended up being a first episode of people ("people"?) running around and talking to each other mostly about nothing.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:41 pm

There isn't much happening in the two episodes I've seen, but somehow it's kept me very interested. I want to find out more about the world these guys live in. And the art is fantastic, that alone will probablly keep me watching.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Ep 3 was good, they really tapped into a lot of the fantasy aspects in this episode. That lightning fan and the dad turning into a mountain was so cool. o__o

TEKnician
Org Profile

Uchouten Kazoku

Post by TEKnician » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:25 pm

It really feels like I'm watching a multi-part movie. I like this series a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:08 am

I never thought I'd witness epic tanuki aerial fireworks battles, it's like I'm living in the golden age of anime. xD And the professor sticking to his guns in the end like a boss, truly an inspiration :ying:

Absolutely loved this ep! :up:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:43 am

Interesting episode this week. I liked how they made the Friday Fellows seem so normal considering these guys are the end-game boss in the tanuki world. And that the conversation of eating tanuki was so casual and not some immoral and evil thing, because technically it's not. It's the same with eating cows and pigs except these ones can talk! xD It really makes you think. Can't wait for next week's episode :up:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Ahhh, this episode was peeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrfeeeccccct. Everything from beginning to end was brilliant and hilarious and awesome. Next episode gon' be good. :ying:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Wasn't initially hooked so I kinda stopped around episode 4 but I've just caught up to episode 12 and wow, I'm surprised to be really enjoying it! It definitely got better once things began to pick up. Also I LOL'd so much at the over-the-top effects of that fan when it caused them to crash straight into the building, especially since Yasaburou was trying so hard to make it gentle. :rofl:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”