Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Postby mirkosp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:16 am

MangaUpdates wrote:God abandoned the world on Sunday. As a result, nobody in the world can die or reproduce. A little girl, Ai, is the gravekeeper for a village. She has prepared 47 graves for the eventual deaths of every member of the village. Later, a boy who identifies himself as Hampnie Hambart, the Man-eating Toy, which is coincidentally the name that Ai's mother left behind as the name of her father, arrives in the village and slaughters everybody. Just what is going on?
mirkosp
MODkip

Re: Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Postby Otohiko » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes.

I dunno how I feel about gravekeeper loli yet, but everything else about the first episode of this was really cool. The premise got me from the get-go, the world is really interesting, a few really BIG questions got dropped very quickly, and the quasi-western style and slick animation definitely have my attention. Will continue for sure.
Otohiko

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Madhouse never fails in the animation department. Everything is just so gorgeous :shock:

Episode 3: Jesus, that escalated quickly. Such a beautiful end, though I didn't expect any of this to happen so soon. :cry: I can't imagine how the show is gonna pan out from here, all I know is that I'm ready for more of these epic action scenes! :ying: And Scar is a certified badass, she better not be going anywhere anytime soon.
pacotacoshell

Postby AimoAio » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Jesus, episode 3's ending was a total tear-jerker. It didn't quite register at first but when I rewatched it, I didn't even realize the waterworks had started. :| FS.
Spoiler :
"Please stay with me forever. " Those were words I just couldn't say.

Fack, that line totally killed me. Granted, I think they could have expanded on the episode a little more, maybe a slower pacing since everything felt a little quick and forced. I mean for a start those villains were out the picture pretty quickly. But it was a really touching episode nonetheless. T____T GOD, MY FEELS. :cry:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby kireblue » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:56 pm

I wasn't completely on board with this show yet, but episode 3 sold it for me.

Spoiler :
When he came back as a deceased, I was like "oh, they did a cop out huh". But then they went for the even sadder ending of her having to bury him. FUCK! I kinda wish they had just did a cop out like every other anime. I had just started to like him :cry:
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby ibabrak » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:07 am

Well, the show just lost its most interesting character. I hope they will make up for it.
Other than that this show is amazing so far. I am seriously unsure of how they wanna go on, but to be honest even if they fuck it up I will be satisfied as long as I consider ep 3 the last ep. :awesome:
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Eake4 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:25 am

Really did not expect much from episode 1 since it felt like they just threw everything, but episode 3 got me hooked.
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby pacotacoshell » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:49 am

Great episode 4. The entire world in this show is so unique and interesting, and that two-face was creepy but awesome at the same time :up:
pacotacoshell

Postby AimoAio » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:44 pm

This show just keeps getting more interesting, I thought I'd lose interest rapidly after episode 3's ending ( :cry: ) but now I'm really curious as to how this new (dead) city functions. Considering how:-
Spoiler :
I always thought gravekeepers were the strongest in the series so seeing so many being killed really makes you wonder what kind of people live there.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby AimoAio » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Well I can see the appeal for the city but it's still kinda strange to see people so willing to die just to live there. They're really dying to live there. XD omg such a bad pun...XD
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Otohiko » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:08 am

This continues to be fascinating, loving the world-building and the relative unpredictability of how things have been going so far. With some of the recent revelations, it's also more and more apparent that there's far more out there than just living and dead people and gravekeepers.

Spoiler :
And a really interesting dilemma for Ai - if you think about it, what The Princess does is more or less the same but opposite of a gravekeeper - she kills people who can't live in the outside world so that they can find peace in the city, whereas gravekeepers "kill" the dead so that they can find peace in the afterlife or something. It seems that Ai's mother, by protecting a whole village of dead people, had more or less come around to the same conclusion, too.

And I can't wait to find out more about the lion dude. He seems pretty cool :D

Huge :up: to this series so far. Really hasn't disappointed, especially after it proved in ep3 that it's not afraid to pull some pretty extreme turns. But more than anything, it's really all about the world so far, and it hasn't let down in making it interesting. And where else does art seamlessly go between loli moe, faux-Western, dieselpunk (Yuri and his van and rifle are certainly reminiscent of that) and renaissance Venice? :o Such a gorgeous-looking series, even with the clunky CG here and there.
Otohiko

Postby pacotacoshell » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:52 am

Did.....did Scar just steal a baby?

I'd imagine having a completely random woman just walk up to what looks to be a sacred ground, hold a baby twin princess who looks to be magical, and literally say "THIS IS MINE" and waltz right out with it isn't something you just let happen. Like WHERE THE HELL ARE THE GUARDS AND STUFF. JEEZ. But other than that it was an okay episode. That scene in the beginning was mega cool.
pacotacoshell

Postby ibabrak » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:22 am

Show continues to be really good. The bath scene was just plain pointless though :(
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Kisagi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:47 am

These episodes are so damn good!!!

Spoiler :
Wow when he shot the bullets I was like "Whoa a badass!". lol
Kisagi
The sexy Artist

Postby kireblue » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Kisagi wrote:These episodes are so damn good!!!

Spoiler :
Wow when he shot the bullets I was like "Whoa a badass!". lol

Oh my Gawd! That was my exact same reaction.

and on another note.....WTF Scar!
Spoiler :
you steal a baby and then abandon it!
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion