Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:23 am

MAL wrote:The Sengoku era gave birth to many historical legends. One of them is Naoe Kanetsugu, the brilliant military general of the Uesugi family. Together with Maeda Keiji, a legendary warrior on the battlefield, who become lifelong friends with each other, they carve out a piece of history in the most dangerous and volatile time in Japan's history. The two men recall their beginnings and the journey they took to get to the accomplished position they now sit at.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:27 pm

No.

As Fall_Child42 who was watching with me said, this is a big disappointment. For a show with manly fist-of-the-north-star-style men with swords set in an extremely violent warring period, this has had 100% less action so far than Gin no Saji, a slice of life anime set in peaceful modern Hokkaido. Also it's ridiculously, non-enjoyably gay, and I don't mean that in a homophobic sort of way. I'm okay if the two main characters are entirely gay for each other, that's not the problem here. The way they are is just inexplicably dumb and implied in a way that isn't even interesting or romantic.

Shuck that jive.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”