What are your sleeping patterns like?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Nunusaur
Org Profile

What are your sleeping patterns like?

Post by Nunusaur » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:36 am

What's your worst sleeping pattern been? How long did it last for until you fixed it?

What are your sleeping patterns like currently?

Everytime I start editing a video, these are my sleeping patterns: Sleeping at 8 am, waking up at 4 pm. I wish I could run on 6 hrs of sleep, but I need my 8-9 hrs of sleep to function properly >.<

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: What are your sleeping patterns like?

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:39 am

I go to bed at midnight and get up at 7.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:05 am

After high school i would go do the whole stay up late and go to bed after 8am deal. It worked well for my schedule (or lack of) so it wasn't much of an issue despite my family's idea that it was unhealthy... but whatever. Once I actually started working on a set schedule, I had to take naps after work and that usually screwed things up as I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep at night if I napped for more than an hour.

Now I'm usually in bed by 10pm and up no later than 6am to get ready for work. Before my current 6am wake up time, I used to have issues getting to sleep if I was up too late. I never felt very rested. I think going to sleep earlier has actually helped me in that regard. Getting up at 5:30am or 6am isn't really that difficult.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:02 pm

I go to sleep sometime between 7 - 9am and wake up around 4pm. I don't have college and my job is done at home, so it's not like I ever need to wake up for anything.

halex1316
Org Profile

Post by halex1316 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Most of my gaming friends are from Europe, and I'm on the West Coast, so I usually stay up fairly late to catch them and play games in the morning (for them).

Find myself falling asleep at around 1 - 2 A.M. and waking up at 9-10 A.M.

javywhite
You belong in a museum
Org Profile

Post by javywhite » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Get up at around 10 am every day, usually go to bed anywhere from 1-4am.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:12 pm

In a word, well, terrible :P

I actually get lots of sleep (usually anywhere between 7 and 11, sometimes even more, hours a night), but when I am on my own (which is 90% of the time), I tend to slip into 25-hour days so my schedule constantly shifts. This is not a problem until work gets into the equation, then it gets pretty miserable. I survive by regular dosage of coffee and post-work naps. It's not all bad though. When I get into a reverse-day in that cycle (sleep during the day, up at night), I am often at my most productive.

The way it gets fixed is stupidly simple though. When I live around other people, it goes back to more or less normal almost immediately. When I'm off visiting my parents or friends, I tend to go to bed reasonably early, get up around 7 or so. A lot of it, I think, is tuning myself into others' routine patterns and being more in contact with things like natural daylight patterns by being out more. Eating meals with others and being out, especially in the morning and around sunset, really helps my body pace itself.

Then I go back 'home' to living on my own and it all goes to 25-hour hell again .__.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:21 pm

My patterns are actually pretty similar to what Otohiko described (even the 'most productive when up all night/sleep all day' thing), except that being around others doesn't cause my schedule to shift at all. At first, it was just because the job I had in high school screwed up my brain's response to activity so that I couldn't wind down until about 3am, and after graduating this progressively got worse since I didn't have much in the way of important engagements to keep my schedule sane. Effectively, I don't have much in the way of circadian rhythm anymore. Nowadays, though, a good part of it is because I've taken over the tasks of doing the dishes and laundry, and there always seems to be time constraints during the day, so those usually get done during the dead of night when everyone else is asleep.

Usually I can go through a full cycle in about 2-3 weeks, if I force myself. Otherwise, it tends to stay most often around sleeping from 4 or 5am to 2pm, but once it gets thrown way off (like, going to bed at noon and waking up at 9pm), it starts to shift later and later on its own. If I have to, the only way to forcibly shift it is to make myself stay up until I just can't take it anymore, and then go to bed. It may not do it in a day, but there are definitely times that I've stayed up for 22 hours and then slept for 10-12 just to right my schedule by force. Being up that long starts messing with my eyesight and alertness, though. Usually I stay up between 14-17 hours and sleep for 8-10.

I actually can't meaningfully nap, in the same way that I can't really force myself to sleep if I'm not tired. If I'm tired and go to bed, I'll be out for at least 6 hours.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:59 pm

I go to bed around midnight and wake up around 6:45am Japan Standard Time. I can wake up earlier, but I have trouble waking up later than that, even on weekends. I think my sleeping patterns only get completely screwed up when I am traveling between Japan and the United States, and only if I don't prepare for jetlag ahead of time.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:12 am

Usually go to bed between 1am-4am and wake up between 9am-noon, and usually the later I go to sleep the earlier I wake up, and vice versa.

When I was going to college, I would stay up 20 hours and sleep for 10 for days at a time. Fun times.
Under Construction

Return to “General Discussion”