Blend in Transistions on Sony Vegas 11

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Blend in Transistions on Sony Vegas 11

Postby StephenMcC56 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:32 pm

I would like to know how to make a smooth transitions and some blur effects with the transitions . If anyone know what Im talking about Ha :awesome:
But here's the video of my description, mainly between 0-30sec https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z_Lw9qYBX4
StephenMcC56

Re: Blend in Transistions on Sony Vegas 11

Postby halex1316 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 pm

In order to create good, smooth transitions, I find myself often duplicating the two tracks that are merged, but depending on how fast or slow you want it, cut the clip and make the top transition last slightly longer than the bottom one. Give two different cross effects (preferably the ones that don't zoom).

I created an example clip, with the results as a video link. Check this out, and tell me if it helps :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-te8bxZi ... e=youtu.be

halex1316

Postby halex1316 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:11 pm

If you want an even better fade, have the transition last longer, and even have another track above it with a cross fade from A - B instead of B - A or vice-versa.
halex1316

Postby halex1316 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:22 pm

*whoops, double post*
halex1316

Postby StephenMcC56 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:32 pm

halex1316 wrote:If you want an even better fade, have the transition last longer, and even have another track above it with a cross fade from A - B instead of B - A or vice-versa.

I thank you :D ...Im pretty sure ill post more thimgs about Vegas. I pretty much a noob at it. I use PowerDirector 11 for my amvs and wanted to use Vegas for this particular AMV.
StephenMcC56

Postby halex1316 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 pm

You're welcome, glad I could be some help!
halex1316

Return to Visual Effects