Rainy Days

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Rainy Days

Postby Infinity Squared » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:18 am

Two videos in a year! I'm not out of this yet :P

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Re: Rainy Days

Postby OropherZero » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:33 am

:up: A shinkai movie that doesn't involve the characters being far apart?!
OropherZero

Postby xexyzl » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:42 pm

OropherZero wrote::up: A shinkai movie that doesn't involve the characters being far apart?!
Children Who Chase Lost Voices falls under that category. If anything I think this movie is a big throwback to his old formula of slightly hokey straight people romance.

As for the AMV itself: Not bad, although I would imagine I'm only watching it because there hasn't been a deluge of fantastic Garden of Words AMVs yet, considering your song choice. On a technical note, I saw some strange frame blending (couldn't tell if it was just slow-downs gone awry or a more serious framerate problem; MediaInfo flags the video as 24fps which is almost correct) and surprisingly poor compression artifacts, which was a little disappointing considering the astounding RAW quality available to us.

Still, despite the flaws, it's very clear to me that you made this video in earnest and put a lot of thought behind it.
xexyzl

Postby Infinity Squared » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Hey thanks. Honestly I'm not sure how quality degradation occurred. My original source was definitely better than that. Even the credits had banding on my original lossless render. My only guess at this point is my outdated editor or maybe even codecs.
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby NotFound404 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:13 am

Beautiful, reminds me something.
confusion is sex
NotFound404

Postby Fizziks » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:38 am

I enjoyed this! :up: The anime and song combo were perfect, and it was really well edited overall. My only issue is that, as xexyzl noted, the video quality could have been better, but that's a minor complaint.
Fizziks

Postby Infinity Squared » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:01 am

Thanks yo!
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Return to AMV Announcements